UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> Oyama movie

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/18/04 8:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IronMonkey
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Nov-04

Don't know if you guys know but there is a Korean/Jap movie out now of Oyama's life. The title uses Chinese characters is 'Fighter in the Wind' or 'Feng Men Xi' (literally 'Wind Gate Knight' in Chinese'). I read the back and had a suspicion it was something to do with kyokushin. Didn't recognise it immediately because they used Oyama's Korean name in the back info. Quite a good movie but I would say it is loosely based on his real life? Fighting scenes were no wired and was more realistic, though it still had quite alot of high kicks and spinning kicks. Quite inspiring and worth a watch! A good Korean and Jap joint production. Good to see the age old grudge put aside for good movie production.
11/19/04 10:28 PM
hama
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Nov-04
Looks cool. http://www.cinemasie.com/vente/fiche/oeuvre/fighterinthewind/BA.html
11/23/04 9:35 PM
fokket

Edited: 23-Nov-04
Folks, I watched that movie while I was in Korea(in cinema) this summer and being a person who's read a lot about Oyama, it's not good. The whole movie turns into this Japan vs Korea thing. I can bare that it's due to the fact that it's film but it's gone way too far. And the fight scenes aren't all that real. btw the Japanese chick in that flick is hot It's better to read a book about him IMO
11/25/04 11:26 AM
hama

Edited: 25-Nov-04
How about Karete Bullfighter? Starring Sonny Chiba, one of Oyama's students. http://www.kungfucinema.com/reviews/karatebullfighter.htm
11/26/04 12:59 PM
Naughty Gorilla
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Nov-04
its based on a manga of his life story, so..
11/26/04 2:47 PM
hama

Edited: 26-Nov-04
I finally saw the flick. IT's okay, but the fight scenes weren't shot very well. Lots of edits and cuts.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.