UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> Black Belt, how long to get it...

2/2/05 9:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
theJJKid
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Feb-05
In the JJJ I take, no one under 18 can earn a black belt. The grading of a sub-junior, junior, and senior are different (different curriculum). I believe that when a junior becomes a senior they have to retest for a belt two ranks below their current belt. It takes about 12 years to become a BB in this JJ training twice a week. It's not a belt factory, there is usually a grading every 9 months. I've been doing it for about three and 1/2 years and just got my blue.
6/15/05 12:12 PM
hitmeharder

Edited: 15-Jun-05 12:13 PM
Forget about how long it takes to get a black belt. I personally obtained my BB in 7 years (TKD)... Most of this time was a waste... When I switched over to Muay Thai I had a hard time fighting guys with 1 year of MT training. And yes, when i goy my BB I could spar against anybody at my old school. In my opinion, except for weight loss to pick up girls or to artificially inflate your ego TKD is a joke... Remember... A black belt covers 2 inches of your ass you have to cover the rest.....
6/16/05 11:02 PM
glock4life
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Jun-05 11:02 PM

It took me about 8 years to get my fisr dan in chung do kwan. I could've did it alot sooner if i wasn't spending time training in other styles, and taken the occasional one or two month hiatus.

It took three years after that to get my second dan, and I had almost a year off in there when I was training with the MASH fight team.

It took me three years almost to the month to get my Hapkido black belt.

8/9/05 11:40 AM
Robkali

Edited: 09-Aug-05
Migo, Dude, I already posted that info almost 8 months ago (look 5 posts above yours...)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.