UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> Iguana concern

11/27/04 1:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hart6999
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Nov-04

Hello, I have a 3 yr old Iguana who may or may not have a problem. Since the beginning of October he has been acting strange...not eating, very wild, a strong desire to get outside. From what I gathered, these are signs of an Iguana mating season. He has since started to eat again and he has calmed down a bit. My concern is now he hasn't been shitting consistantly and seems lethargic. He shit Wed. night (two days ago) but that was the first time in four days. He continues to eat regularly, but is still lethargic. He isn't displaying any other signs of ill health...his eyes are clear and he is very alert, just seems a bit bloated and lethargic. He has also never, ever taken a drink of water his entire life, so I'm he is not dehydrated. So, does anyone have any ideas regarding this, I know it sounds like standard constipation, but just trying to get a heads up. Thanks in advance Joel
11/27/04 1:14 PM
The Cannibal
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Nov-04
sometimes mine will go a few days between shits...maybe change his diet he may be constipated as you said if you have concerns , take him to the vet
8/16/05 1:43 PM
MasterGumHo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Aug-05
Why do you think/has he not ever had a drink of water?
8/16/05 11:54 PM
Spankenstyne
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Aug-05
Try soaking him in lukewarm water in the tub for a while every couple of days and see if that loosens him up some. Also "he" may be a she and egg bound if you notice bloating. How's his coloration, have you noticed any changes lately? Also what are his temperatures like in his enclosure and/or basking areas?
11/6/06 1:49 PM
MIKEBROOKS

Edited: 13-Dec-06 01:15 PM
I had a couple of Iguanas over the years and mine loved to shit in the tub (not with me in it). Seemed they would swim around a bit then rip one off. Easy clean up and kept the cage from stinking too bad. The one big girl I would let roam around the house after it shit the tub up....but I soon found out it liked to shit on my roommates pillow as well. Brooks
2/16/07 1:39 AM
The Cannibal
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Feb-07
haha tev used to shit on the spare bed if i didnt take him to the tub every few days
2/19/07 6:07 PM
rkjmd

Edited: 19-Feb-07
Iguana Kickbooty
5/13/07 12:00 AM
StrikeAnywhere
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-May-07
I had a large glass aquarium but I took the top off and let mine have free roam around in my room (good way to keep my mom out, she was very scared of it) and it always pooped under the bed in the same general spot. Put a litter box there and it worked out great.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.