UnderGround Forums

TravelGround >> Iceland Vacation?

12/1/04 6:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DirkH
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Dec-04

Has anyone here actually been to Iceland for fun? I've got millitary friends who've been there for work, and said it was a neat place. I'm just wondering about civilians going there for fun. Any 1st hand experiences (or 2nd hand even) would be appreciated.
1/11/05 2:11 PM
Einar Fridgeirs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Jan-05
I live in Iceland, but maybe an outsider´s perspective is needed since I´ve been on this island for all of my 26 years. Most everyone I know who have come to Iceland to study, work or just travel mention three things - the beauty of the landscape, the purity of the air and the exquisite beauty of our womenfold. Downsides include extremely expensive booze at bars, heavy traffic(unless you come from a major city and are used to that sort of thing) and the extreme unpredictability of the weather. Any more specific questions and I will answer. Be wary however that familiarity breeds contempt and I hate this fucking place :)
1/17/05 11:26 PM
DirkH
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Jan-05
Why do you hate the place? I have friends in the military that have been there, (short term) and they say it is a very cool place. I read that Iceland topped some "Most livable" countries. I know it now out ranks the U.S. in economic freedom. I am getting real pissed that our country now assumes that all of its citizens are potential terrorists. I am sick of high taxes, corrupt police, corrupt government, Mercantilism, etc. Our govenment spends 42% of the G.N.P. on crap I don't want.
3/22/05 5:58 AM
FiatLux

Edited: 22-Mar-05
Any more info on Iceland specifically regarding summer visits? Im considering going in a few months and doing some spa/hot spring action. Thoughts?
6/30/05 12:05 PM
Aussie Gumby

Edited: 30-Jun-05
Iceland is definately on my list of places to visit - I have heard that the womenfolk are absolutely stupendous too ;) I like the idea of the hot springs. I understand the 'familiarity breeds contempt' idea. Everyone thinks I'm nuts because I don't think that much of Australia, but when you live somewhere for a long time, you don't think of the good things - then again, I have travelled alot and I still prefer many other places to Australia!
6/30/05 12:41 PM
HELWIG

Edited: 30-Jun-05
Tristar hasnt
3/3/06 4:30 PM
reelrook
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Mar-06
We leave in 20 days for Reykjavik! We've been tryin' to get there for six years. Too expensive, not enough time etc. Are the chix bisexual? (winks @ wife)
6/14/06 4:50 AM
stanneh
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Jun-06
was going to go to iceland this year for the iceland summer snow project was looking to go snowboarding this summer but i decided to hold out for december as iceland would cost silly amounts and i could go on two snowboard holidays for the same amount.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.