UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> Best Vodka?

4/9/05 4:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JJTechnician00
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Apr-05
Anyone here tried Luksusowa? A friend recommended it, and it's fairly cheap, so that will be the next vodka I pick up.
4/9/05 5:35 PM
lionsdengrappler
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Apr-05
Belvidere and finlandia are really good, I've yet to try chopin though.
4/27/05 2:34 PM
TSMontana
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Apr-05 02:34 PM
"Tito's Vodka -- Made in Austin." I bring a bottle of that stuff to a party, nearly all the ladies are up on it. Great taste when you bring it...great taste when you drink it. Although, I'll still have a Grey Goose and tonic every once in a while.
5/4/05 3:52 PM
CR1chard
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-May-05
Stoli and Kettle One are the only vodka I can drink straight if I'm mixing, I don't really give a shit - I can't stand Smirnoff though, I always can pick up a paint-thinnerish after-taste
5/17/05 7:25 PM
SlySpyMOFO

Edited: 17-May-05
Well if your having a poker party and you got ladies over you should get the Sky Vodka. Trust me, you as a guy may even like it. Go with what ever works for your poker games.
12/31/08 8:43 PM
VectorWegaLives

^ why in the hell would you have ladies over if you are playing poker?
12/31/08 8:44 PM
VectorWega

Edited: 04/22/10 1:03 AM
Cire - Tito's Vodka -- Made in Austin.

Savvy is good and also Made in Austin. 

4/15/09 12:16 AM
tibesu

JJTechnician00 - Anyone here tried Luksusowa? A friend recommended it, and it's fairly cheap, so that will be the next vodka I pick up.

if i'm just pickin up a bottle of vodka to make drinks with, i go with luks.
4/18/09 5:41 PM
psychosphere
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McCormick?
2/1/10 6:42 PM
RUSRedDevil
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boru- Irish Vodka is hard to beat for 13-14 bucks a fifth, distilled 4 or 5 times I believe

Kettle One is my favorite of the "poppin bottles" premiums (belvedere, grey goose, and kettle one)

if your looking to get ghetto without heart burn, Albertson's store brand called Sixx i believe actually does very well on tests...

And as always tito's is definately legit.
2/20/10 11:39 PM
shootfightermike
957 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
3/3/10 2:38 PM
reelfoot
481 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito's hands down. People would flock to it if they had a more attractive bottle.
3/20/10 11:14 AM
reelfoot
481 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito's is best. no pain in the morning.
4/22/10 1:16 AM
VectorWega

Tito's is great, but if you can try Dripping Springs, which is my favorite.

Dripping Springs is from a small distillery outside of Austin, TX (in Dripping Springs, TX). It won the Vodka Purity Trophy at the 2008 International Wine and Spirit Competition.  t looks like it is only available in these states right now:  Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Louisiana , New Mexico and Arizona.  However, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go nationwide as it is really growing in popularity.

The bottle is similiar and perhaps even uglier than that of Tito's but it's a very smooth Vodka that you will certainly enjoy.

http://www.drippingspringsvodka.com/home.html

"Comments from IWSC:
"Among the 1,000 entries in the spirits and liqueurs categories, there were a number of triumphs for lesser known brands, such as Dripping Springs Texas Vodka being awarded The Purity Vodka Trophy, beating major brands from Russia, Poland and Scandinavia..." Frances Horder, Director, IWSC

Judges Tasting Notes:
Crystal clear. Piercing nose with no apparent smell yet lively alcoholic sensation in the nose. Full impact on the palate with abundant, mouth filling sensation. Tremendous intensity. Decided grainy note in the super smooth mouth. Finest texture. Fascinating notes in long, well controlled finish. A great sipping vodka."

4/22/10 4:21 AM
TSMontana
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to get me a bottle.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.