UnderGround Forums

TravelGround >> Love Festival in Germany?

12/5/04 3:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
El Maquina
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Dec-04

Has anyone been to this? Is it as fun as it sounds?
1/1/05 11:32 PM
Ausgepicht

Edited: 01-Jan-05
You mean Love Parade, not Festival. I went in '99 and it was retarded fun. I have nothing to compare it to however, not having been to Carnivale in Brasil nor Mardi Gras here in the states. TONS of booze, obligatory nudity, Marilyn Manson style outfits, drugs, food, FREAKS, Music, etc. The concept has caught on in other places like South Africa, Mexico, and I think San Fran (probably a ton of gays there though). Just Google "Love Parade", a ton of shit should pop up. If you have trouble w/ the German let me know. Aus
1/2/05 6:39 AM
El Maquina

Edited: 02-Jan-05
Someone told me that there were people having sex everywhere.
1/2/05 7:57 PM
Ausgepicht

Edited: 02-Jan-05
LOL! Not everywhere....but it's pretty open....if you got both arms and legs, you won't have a problem getting laid.
1/3/05 5:49 AM
El Maquina

Edited: 03-Jan-05
Aus, Didn't I read on another thread that you many times travel by yourself? I did that once last year and just didn't enjoy myself at all. I guess I got used to having a girlfriend around most of the time. Anyway, I envy you that if you can have great trips solo. Oh and the love parade sounds grand :)
1/3/05 10:24 AM
Ausgepicht

Edited: 03-Jan-05
Yeah, I am a pretty private guy and at times go through life with "I Hate People" stages. The Human Race at times disgust me to the point that I can't be around People. I'm at peace when surrounded by only a few friends and family. I also prefer to travel alone, because I have found most people aren't willing to take risks....don't want to miss a Coach, Train, Ferry, or don't want to go to such and such a part of Town because it's dangerous, etc. People just slow me down. The Freedom that you experience is like nothing you'll ever experience in life. Bruce Banner style!! I never knew who I would meet and where it would take me. I would be living with a Broad in Luxembourg for a few weeks, then I'd be in North of France stomping grapes, or Barbacking in an Irish Pub in Germany, or playing my Guitar for food in Brussels. Nothing like it man.... If your Girl let's you be you and doesn't restrict your Heart, then you should keep that kind of woman with you.
1/4/05 1:20 AM
El Maquina

Edited: 04-Jan-05
"If your Girl let's you be you and doesn't restrict your Heart, then you should keep that kind of woman with you" Oh I totally agree with that, but I dropped that girl about a year ago. It sounds like you are certainly living a full life. Congrats!
1/6/05 12:16 AM
the venerable dr wu
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Jan-05
When is the love parade on? i thought that it was taken over by the rainbow flag brigade?
1/6/05 9:44 AM
Ausgepicht

Edited: 06-Jan-05
In San Fran?
1/20/05 1:24 AM
the venerable dr wu
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Jan-05
In Berlin?
5/25/05 4:58 PM
Nebuchadnezzar
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/27/09 5:51 PM
Ausgepicht, could you email me if you have a chance?

thanks man.
2/5/06 2:48 PM
Aussie Gumby

Edited: 05-Feb-06
The Love Parade has kind of had its day and it's a bit jaded now (I think.. or perhaps that's me getting old) I also did it in '99 and it was fantastic. I have also done Carnaval in Brazil ('05) - altho not in Salvador where it's meant to be best. That said I have heard many bad reports from Carnaval goers that it's full of middle-aged American men... Love Parade is in summer... July, if I remember correctly - I think... By far my best fun has been at Music festivals.. most notably - Lowlands and PinkPop in the Netherlands...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.