UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> RJW - CENTRAL

12/6/04 10:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jaje
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Dec-04

Can anyone give me any info on RJW-CENTRAL. I'll probabaly be doing some training there at the end of the month. Any help is appreciated.
12/7/04 9:36 AM
SILK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Dec-04
Used to train there regularly (Will do so again soon. Train regularly at main WK gym though). Its part of the WK Network so you can also train at the other gyms. Overall I'd say its GREAT!
12/7/04 9:49 PM
Jaje

Edited: 07-Dec-04
Awesome, thanks SILK! Can you send me an email at jj_sidic@hotmail.com. Thanks again. Jacob
12/22/04 9:15 PM
Paul Carroll
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Dec-04
Silk, What is your opinion of GODS gym ? I trained there a couple of weeks ago, and was suprised by the high injury rate. Of the 20 or so people at the training about 20% of them were carrying injuries - ankles, arms. While I was there one guy had his shoulder dislocated ! They really crank the locks on fast and with a lot of strength. I little bit too enthusiastic for my liking ...
12/27/04 11:06 AM
SILK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Dec-04
Hi Paul Sorry, no opinion of GODS. Never trained there. Sounds pretty bad though! ouch!
3/31/05 11:32 AM
ResuTudo

Edited: 31-Mar-05
SILK, I dunno if I posted this question here before, but where does the WK Net come from? When did it start and what was the background of the original founders? Were Shoji and Uno two of the "forefathers"?
3/31/05 7:10 PM
SILK

Edited: 03-Apr-05 08:25 PM
ResuTudo - to be honest, I'm not sure about the history of the WK network. All I know is that the main guy at WK was a student of the great Kimura himself. SO WK groundwork is said to be based more on Judo than on bjj. Although there are 'gi classes', they have no actual bjj coach. Not that it deters them from submitting others :-) Shoji and Takase(when they were still with WK) and Uno are some of the networks more popular fighters, but are not the forefathers. As said (as far as I know), the forefather is the student of Kimura. I think some of the gyms were established to meet certain needs in the network. For example they started the RJW gym by bringing in the fighter Abe who had a good wrestling base, so the guys take downs would improve. Abe has since left the Network and started up his own gym (Abe Ane Combat Club - AACC). The main grappling coach at the WK Honbu gym is Moriyama sensei. He knows his shit. I'll try and dig up some more info and get back to ya. Some other guys on the forum have more knowledge on the Network to. Help out guys!!!!! Edited cause I spelt Moriyama senseis name wrong :(
4/3/05 8:09 PM
Gunjin EX

Edited: 03-Apr-05
I think the guy who was a student of Kimura's name is like Ryuke Moriyama iirc.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.