UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> Bearded Dragons

12/9/04 11:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gibsons finest
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Dec-04

I am going to inheriting one here very soon, because my sister has to get rid of hers becuase of the landlord.... what are they like? what do they eat? are they easy to take care of? I've never had a lizard before, what type of things should i know As far as i know its only about 6 months old i think
12/27/04 12:39 AM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Dec-04
jesus, this thread is this old and no responses?
1/6/05 3:42 PM
JitsuGuy
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Jan-05 03:49 PM
I've had a few Beardies in my day... They are very docile and easy to care for. Since they're omnivorous they eat both meat and veggies... Among their favorites are collard greens and mealworms or crickets. However, if you put a pinky mouse down in front of one they'll eat that too... Although, not very pleasant to watch and I don't recomend it as a common food source for beardies. Temps in cages need to at least be around 80 to 85 degrees on the hot side and have a cool side with no heating so they can regulate if they need. Water, don't put water in a bowl. They aren't fond of humidity when it evaporates. When it came to feeding time, I would just spray their food down religiously as that's how they get their source of water, even in the wild. But there were a couple of times when they would drink from a lid full of water I put in the cage for curiosity's sake. So, sometimes they will drink from a water source, but if you just spray their food VERY WELL, that should be good enough. You'll find there are plenty of care sheets online and you'll find them to be very cool and surprisingly social little lizards. J
1/10/05 12:04 AM
Elvis
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Jan-05

If you put water in, make is small amounts and in the cooler end of the tank.

Great critters to have.  One of the more handleable lizards out there, very docile.

Elvis

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.