UnderGround Forums

Ohio MMA Underground >> Mark Matheny in Newark Ohio

12/12/04 12:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NHBPlayah
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Dec-04

I just moved to the Newark area and was told that Mark Matheny teach's submission grappling in the area. My question is: Does anybody know anything about Mr. Matheny? How legit is he? What level is he on? Thanks for all your information and keep on training like a mad man.
12/14/04 8:16 AM
el bastardo

Edited: 14-Dec-04
I don't know about his skills, never trained with him. Talked to him several times at mma events here in Columbus that he ref'd. Seems like a cool guy.
1/16/05 9:39 PM
khcheezer

Edited: 16-Jan-05
I'm not sure if Mark trains people regularly. If you want the best in Newark go to Impact Martial Arts and see Sensei Bisso he is top notch and he is affiliated with Mark. They have morning and evening classes. There is a fight this weekend the 22nd at the grotto on Waterworks road you could see them both there. If you want more info post again I train there and could awnser your questions.
1/18/05 11:57 PM
gzbull
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Jan-05

khcheezer,

Can you get me some info about those fight? I would like to come by and check them out. I would even be willing to Judge if they would need one.

Thanks in advance,

Dustin

1/19/05 12:37 AM
khcheezer

Edited: 19-Jan-05
I'm not sure of all the fights I know some get put together at the last minute but the main fight is Rob Wince vs. Larry Spears. Wince has a record of 6 and 1 and likes to brawl. Spears is a newcomer but is very strong bodybuilding type. Should be a great fight. As far as judging I think they have it covered but I really couldn't awnser that.
1/21/05 12:03 AM
gzbull
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Jan-05
thanks!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.