UnderGround Forums

Utah Underground >> Ultimate Submission Experience

12/13/04 10:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DJColdfusion
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Dec-04

Stidham's submission tourney is happening next Saturday. Check out the particulars at: www.ucombat.com Brandon Ruiz (2nd in PanAmericans in Greco Roman, and a semi-finalist in the ADCC North Aerican Qualifier) is coming from Colorado Springs, Colorado to compete. I would bet that there will be very few out-of-staters coming (Brandon has local ties -- 2X Utah State Wrestling champion) but the local talent that claims to be coming should make it a decent first sub-tourney for the state.
12/15/04 1:55 AM
Tulkas

Edited: 15-Dec-04
Any idea how many people are expected to be there? I'm pretty stoked about it. I had four or five guys that were going to go compete with me, but as usual they are backing out one by one.
12/15/04 2:49 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 15-Dec-04
From what I've heard there are very few advanced division people applying at this point. The matchup that is causing the most discussion is Justin Ellison VS Brandon Ruiz.
12/19/04 10:55 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 19-Dec-04
And they did meet in the finals of the absolute where Ruiz tapped Ellison with a guillotine in under 1-minute. You could hear Ellison, who rolled through everyone else, gurgling as his corner was screaming "He's going to burn himself out! He's getting tired!" And the Ironhorse just squeezed a little harder. It was one hell of a day!
12/20/04 12:12 PM
Scott Spain
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Dec-04
Where can we see all the results?
12/20/04 2:40 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 20-Dec-04
They aren't posted yet.
12/21/04 10:41 AM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 21-Dec-04
The Winners: Flyweight Beginners: Chad Carter Lightweight Beginners: Robert Aviles Middleweight Beginners: Ben Walden Lt. Heavyweight Beginners: Dennis Dagloria Heavyweight Beginners: Zack Barlow Super Heavyweight Beginners: Vaas Van Zyuerden Flyweight Intermediate: David Bubel Lightweight Intermediate: Mitch Coates Middleweight Intermediate: Steve Sharp Heavyweight Intermediate: Dave Seljestad Lightweight Advanced: Richard Lundell Middleweight Advanced: Sanford Robinson Light Heavyweight Advanced: Anthony Lobato Heavyweight Advanced: Justin Ellison Super Heavyweight Advanced: Brandon Ruiz Absolute Champion: Brandon Ruiz
12/21/04 2:20 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 21-Dec-04
85 total competitors showed up and it looked like we had a couple hundred specatators at one point.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.