UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> Osaka shops

12/14/04 1:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
lat125
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Dec-04

heading to osaka this weekend and was wondering if anyone knew of any mma shops there i could buy some gloves at. any help:s greatly appreciated.
12/14/04 7:16 AM
Sangaku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Dec-04
Hey lat125, there are places in Fukuoka that sell gloves. Unless you're looking for something specific they have them at: Sports Depo in Daizaifu and Marinoa City(Martial World Pancrase, Shooto and PRide style gloves) Zeeks Tenjin in the Basement, Kings Sport store(Martial World Pancrase, Shooto and Pride style gloves), Ground Control(or Cobra I forget the extact name) in Vivre Building(Hunter gloves) and they sell them at Axis as well(Hunter).
12/15/04 6:40 AM
lat125
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Dec-04
sangaku, thanks again man. i need to head to osaka to take my gmats this weekend so figured i:d check there first and if i ended up with nothing i:d be here asking you if there was anywhere in fukuoka to pick some up, and some other merchandise as christmas presents. appreciate the quick response, you turning into quite the information center for me. thanks again.
12/28/04 9:43 AM
Hody
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Dec-04
Sorry, didn't c this thread until now. Hope this info can still help u out. In all honesty, your best bet is to buy stuff on-line. Enson's site has some quality Shooto and Pride style gloves. Bodymaker makes some knock offs if your looking to save a few pennies while sacrificing quality. If you do a search on JPN Yahoo u should be able to find their web site or u can go to their office in Nishinakajima-minamikata, 1 station North of Umeda. It's in the same building as Shooting Gym Osaka. As far as stores, there are three main stores off the top of my head. I forget the names but one is in Umeda on the 7th floor of Yodobashi Camera. It's right across the street from the main Osaka JR station. That place has a small MMA collection of action figures, dvd's, shirts. and knock off Pride gloves. The store is mostly comprised of other sports like baseball. The other 2 shops off the top of my head are in Shinsaibashi. Unfortunately the names and exact loacations escape me but I will try to give some details in the hope that another member will be able to fill in the rest. The first is located at the end of the shopping arcade, meaning North of Namba. If you get out of the subway, Mido-suji, you will be able to find it pretty easily. It's across the street from STEP shoe store and Sony Plaza or Sony Tower...I forget which one. Anyways, it's inside the same building where Starbucks is. Go to the Sports Plaza Floor and they have a section for MMA. Their selection is better than the one in Umeda but still, it's only a section. The last place is even more vague. It's halfway into the shopping arcade. If u are walking South, towards Namba, inside the arcade, it would be on your left side. It's another sports shop and their MMA section is on the 2nd floor. This place only sells MMA action figures and shirts....no gloves. Hody
1/1/05 2:47 PM
Dogmeat 1
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Jan-05
the shinsaibashi store above starbucks that Hody refered to is called the 'Sports Palace' or something similar. Its located on the 7th floor of the Loft building (though isn't actually a part of Loft). its really easy to find from the midosuji or nagahori tsumuri lines, just take the Nagahori Crystra exit and you'll be right there. The store mostly just sells just sports clothes. It has a decent amount of MMA clothes (lots of genki sudo stuff) and a small range of DVDs. Last time I looked there were gloves there but I didn't actually check to see if they were for sale or not.
2/24/05 9:37 PM
mestregruber
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Feb-05
The store you are referring to is "World Sports Plaza." It is in most major cities, and sells mostly memorabilia. I recommend a place like Sports Depot or some other large sporting goods chain for gear.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.