UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> New Dog Bros clip

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/20/05 12:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Crafty Dog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Mar-05
Woof DH: "I'm starting to understand your "Higher Consciousness through Harder Contact"(c) reasoning. Do you see a fit between this and the idea that learning the martial arts is a process of self-mastery?" Of course! To quote myself ;-) "If you ain't the lead sled dog, the view is all the same. In that no one beats everyone, everyone looks at somebody's ass sometimes. So be not humble, be not proud. Respect yourself as you respect others. The secret to life is to get smart faster than you get old." I would add that one of the most important characteristics of our fighting is that we don't keep score. Check out the values of The Magic Words with which we start the day. "No judges, no referees, no trophies. One rule only: Be friends at the end of the day , , ," (c) No judges: What others think of you is none of your business. No referees: You remain responsible for what you do. The more you go into the aggressive adrenal state, in equal measure you must also go into the calm state of the Watcher. Hence "The greater the dichotomy, the profounder the Transformation. Higher Consciousness through harder contact." (c) No trophies: You do this for yourself, not for recognition. You fight for growth, you fight whether there is a crowd or not. Be friends at the end of the day: Our values are tribal, not hierarchical-- which is a different category of aggression (Territory, hierarchy & reproduction) Thus our goal is that no one spends the night in the hospital and our goal is that everyone leaves with the IQ with which they came else the tribe be weakened when the flying fickle finger of fate puts us on a Flight 93 and it is time to step forward as the protector, to step forward as part of the American Unorganized Militia (per Section 311 of US Code Title 10). http://dogbrothers.com/wrapper.php?file=savedbythemilitia.htm Does this make any sense? The Adventure continues, Crafty Dog
3/22/05 3:12 PM
dhunter

Edited: 22-Mar-05
Guro: Makes perfect sense. Regarding the militia and 9/11, every now and then, I question myself as to why I am pushing so hard. Then a little voice whispers, "Be Ready". I can't shake the feeling that down the road I'm going to be called on to defend somebody that really needs it. A family member or a complete stranger, I don't know. But for 60 seconds, I'm going to need every hour that I put into the dojo. Until then, train...
4/3/05 12:05 PM
Crafty Dog

Edited: 03-Apr-05
Woof DH: Been very busy and this is my first chance in a while to surf through MMA.tv I very much like that "Then a little voice whispers, "Be Ready"." That is perfect for the DBMA mission of "Walk like a Warrior for all your days". I just may add it to our patter :-) Woof, Crafty Dog
4/8/05 7:53 PM
Crafty Dog

Edited: 08-Apr-05
Woof: A new clip is up at www.dogbrothers.com "Los Triques" Of all the clips up there, this is my favorite. Hope y'all like it. The Adventure continues, Crafty Dog
4/12/05 12:50 AM
Calbert

Edited: 12-Apr-05
That was a cool clip. A lot of good technique shots and the music went great with the clip. C.J.
4/13/05 5:18 PM
4 Ranges

Edited: 13-Apr-05
Sweet clip!
5/17/05 1:30 PM
theMachine23

Edited: 17-May-05
Lonely Dog -- nice f'in armbar!!!!!
7/12/05 6:40 AM
Crafty Dog

Edited: 12-Jul-05
http://dogbrothers.com/videoclips/unorganizedmilitia.wmv
7/25/05 1:24 AM
Crafty Dog

Edited: 25-Jul-05
New Clip: STAFF www.dogbrothers.com
7/27/05 12:21 PM
Stickgrappler
2222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Jul-05
sweeet! opens new - http://dogbrothers.com/videoclips/staff.wmv http://dogbrothers.com/videoclips/unorganizedmilitia.wmvopens new
9/29/05 2:00 PM
Crafty Dog

Edited: 29-Sep-05
Woof All: A new "Los Triques" clip is up. The previous "Los Triques" piece is still there, but now is titled "Los Triques Mood Piece". Hope y'all like it. The Adventure continues, Crafty Dog
10/1/05 12:53 AM
Calbert

Edited: 01-Oct-05
Nice Clip!
11/29/05 12:41 AM
Crafty Dog

Edited: 29-Nov-05
Woof All: "DBMA Los Triques" and "DBMA Staff" are now shipping. A clip will be up in about a week featuring Guro Benjamin "Lonely Dog" Rittiner's "Cycle Drills" Crafty Dog
11/29/05 2:56 PM
Robkali

Edited: 29-Nov-05
Hiya Marc, How does Los Triques differ from the Kali Tudo program? (if at all). Also, did i read correctly in another post that you have a DVD version of The Grandfathers Speak, with additional material? thanks Rob
11/30/05 1:11 AM
Crafty Dog

Edited: 30-Nov-05
Woof Rob: Kali Tudo is unarmed and for the MMA cage. Los Triques is our blend of Kali and Krabi Krabong (Thai military system from which ring sport of Muay Thai descends). Putting the two together yields the unfortunate (in the American context at any rate, the meaning in the RP is different) acronym "KKK"-- so I came up with the bilingual pun "The Three Ks" = "Los Triques". LT tends towards larger sticks than used by most FMA practitioners. It blends in KK kicking as part of arriving at Kali media and corto ranges in balance with eyes open and angles galore with which to go to work. As always "This is DBMA. If you see it taught, you see it fought." :-) Yes the "The Grandfathers Speak" DVD has additional footage. About 28 minutes long, based around an interview I did with GM Leo Giron about his jungle warfare experiences in WW2. We were fortunate to get permission to use some highly rare footage (e.g. the legendary Bolo Battalions training!!!) and our editor, Ron "Night Owl" Gabriel did an inspired job in bringing it all together. Woof, Crafty Dog
11/30/05 1:16 PM
Robkali

Thanks for the reply Marc. By "larger sticks"... do you mean longer or heavier or both? In the Balintawak I am taught, we typically use a stick that is about 28" to 30" and fairly heavy (about a 1 inch - 1 1/4 inch diameter, i believe). I have the Krabi Krabong tape with Ajarn SaltyDog... those sticks he is using appear pretty hefty.
11/30/05 1:45 PM
Crafty Dog

"Longer or heavier or both?" Yes :-) There is no absolute dividing line, but it is more a matter of the nature of the body mechanics for which the weapon tends to call. The 28-30" you reference in most cases would be on the short end of the spectrum for which LT would work. Although we may have a size to which we individually may tend to gravitate, in the logic of DBMA we seek competence with a wide range of stick sizes. LT tends to come out most with sticks above 30"
12/16/05 10:38 AM
Crafty Dog

Edited: 16-Dec-05
We have some pictures from our most recent Gathering up on our front page at www.dogbrothers.com The full panoply will appear in our Foto gallery in about a week.
12/28/05 5:05 PM
Crafty Dog

Edited: 28-Dec-05
Not one but TWO new clips up! 1) Cycle Drills-- for our very soon to be released DVD featuring Guro Lonely Dog 2) The "Pitch Piece" put together by Original Productions (Monster Gargage, Monster House, others) to pitch the idea of a Dog Brothers Reality TV series to Spike and other networks. We already have a second meeting scheduled with Spike.
12/28/05 5:57 PM
Marc_Scott

Russian Judo
Who was that sexy devil bleeding from the forehead?
12/28/05 10:35 PM
Crafty Dog

Uhhhh, folks, , , , One hopes he's talking about the picture of himself on our front page, not the other fellow bleeding from the forehead in the pitch piece clip which was the actual subject of my post , , , ;-)
12/29/05 2:20 AM
Marc_Scott

Edited: 29-Dec-05
Russian Judo
In the pitch piece there is a short clip of Chris Riojas and I talking where I seem to have a stream of blood coming off my forehead.
12/29/05 8:52 AM
Calbert

I always enjoy new clips! Very cool!
12/29/05 12:05 PM
theMachine23

the pitch piece is really cool!
12/29/05 12:22 PM
Marc_Scott

Russian Judo
And yes the pitch is very cool, I was wondering just how it would turn out and I was impressed.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.