UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> New Dog Bros clip

12/31/05 6:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Crafty Dog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Dec-05
Woof All: There have been countless moments along the way at which I could have traded on the Dog Brothers name to create some sort of spectacle in the spirit of that moment in "Gladiator" in the North African coliseum where Maximus turns to the crowd and says "Are you not entertained?" but that is not what we are about. I believe in the Dog Brothers mission and therefor have always believed that when the time was right portals to new levels would manifest. The connection with OP was opened by C-Baltic Dog who heads up a fight club that is the Bay Area Clan of the Dog Brothers in the bay area after NPR did a piece on his group-- so not only did they come to us, but they came with a bit of a track record in how they had treated the our Bay Area group. The director Dan Jackson came over to my office/studio and we spent several unhurried hours getting to know each other. I knew where he had gone to college and got a sense of the range of his reading and his consciousness. He gave me a copy of the three part documentary he did of the United States Military Academies. To pass their screening for a project like this spoke well of his abilities on some important levels and I thought the piece pretty good in presenting warrior spirit to a lay audience. From there I went to OP's offices and met with its president Thom Beers (I avoided any humorous repartee based upon his family name when we met, I'm sure he's heard it quite enough already :-) ) Thom's office has a couple a superb Stratocasters which are obviously played on a regular basis (I'm a Telecaster man myself, but I digress) and the meeting was both focused and unhurried. My initial impression is that they are people who "get it" pretty well and that we can work together. This has been confirmed so far by my suggestions for the pitch piece being readily incorporated. The pitch piece is simply a calling card and now we have interest. So now it is time to tighten up the concept for the show. I don't think following the blueprint of TUF for example really is where we want to go. For the experience to happen and to communicate somehow I think we need to communicate the feeling of the tribe witnessing its warriors in the ritual space as well as the stories of each man and individual fights. Whatever, if anybody has any ideas/suggestions that they like to freely contribute, I'm all ears. Woof, Crafty Dog
1/17/06 6:42 PM
cookrj

Edited: 17-Jan-06
ttt for the dog brothers
1/22/06 11:36 PM
MISOGI

Edited: 22-Jan-06
Wow these guys are like the toughest guys i've ever seen...wish i had your courage and resilience guys...more power Dog brothers...
1/24/06 12:27 AM
Crafty Dog

Edited: 24-Jan-06
Woof All: Fotos from our most recent "Dog Brothers Gathering" are now up in the gallery on our website at: http://www.dogbrothers.com/gallery/Nov05 The Adventure continues, Crafty Dog
1/25/06 5:19 PM
Crafty Dog

Edited: 25-Jan-06
A new clip up "Rambling Ruminations": No action, all talking, it runs 9 minutes.
1/25/06 5:30 PM
Crafty Dog

Edited: 25-Jan-06 08:13 PM
1/26/06 12:24 PM
Stickgrappler
1939 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Jan-06 12:25 PM
opens new - http://www.dogbrothers.com/gallery/Nov05 opens new - http://dogbrothers.com/index.php
1/30/06 10:45 PM
Siciliano
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Jan-06
lol at Marc Scott. Crafty dog, I forgot to thank you for giving me sound advice on how to quicken my recovery time for my fractured shinbone. You told me to walk barefoot in sand. shortened my healing process by almost a half. Thanks Woof! Toby
1/31/06 12:48 AM
Crafty Dog

Edited: 31-Jan-06
Woof Toby: I am glad I could help a fine warrior such as yourself. I am fortunate that about 12 minutes from my house, that there is an amazing sand dune, known locally as , , , drum roll please , , , The Dune. It figures extensively in my training program and has given me a great appreciation of the merits of using sand, especially on a steep dune such as this one, for reclaiming the natural musculature of our feet. The Adventure continues, Crafty Dog PS: Will we see you in June? :-)
2/3/06 12:43 AM
Siciliano
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Feb-06
guro Crafty, Woof! Believe me, i owe you a lot just for that advice. ;) You know i'd be there in a split second for another gathering, if only I was in Cali. But, I'm in New York now and would probably be here for the rest of my stay in the US (another 2 years). Any plans of holding a gathering in the East Coast? Toby "Azucena" Reyes
2/3/06 7:26 PM
Siciliano

Edited: 03-Feb-06
Also, Are there any DB training groups around? Any smelly, ugly, psychotic stickfighters here in the Big Apple?
2/5/06 11:41 PM
Crafty Dog

Edited: 05-Feb-06
Russ "C-Bad Dog" Iger is certified in DBMA and has a small group. He is on the west side of Manhattan. Nick "Raw Dog" Sacoulas is certified on material through 2001 and has a school in Flushing Queens. Check the DBMA Instructor's page on our website for contact info.
2/8/06 1:02 AM
Siciliano

Edited: 08-Feb-06
Thanks Crafy Dog. will do.
2/8/06 12:54 PM
dhunter

Edited: 08-Feb-06 12:54 PM
Guro Crafty Dog: Any chance of you having a seminar in Minneapolis?
2/15/06 5:29 PM
ryangruhn
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Feb-06
Guro Crafty is having some problems logging on right now. He asked that I post and mention to call him @ 310-543-7521 . Gruhn
2/16/06 5:18 PM
dhunter

Edited: 16-Feb-06
Gruhn: is that request for a phone call intended for me?
3/5/06 9:44 AM
ryangruhn
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Mar-06 09:46 AM
One new clip up @ Dog Brothers: "Guro Crafty In Mexico" http://dogbrothersvideo.com/2005_mexican_prison.wmv Gruhn
5/22/06 5:59 PM
Crafty Dog

Edited: 22-May-06
Woof All: A new clip is up: Rambling Ruminations on Knife. Please feel free to comment here. The Adventure continues, Crafty Dog
5/26/06 8:30 PM
Crafty Dog

Edited: 26-May-06
A new clip is up: "Intro to the Interface of Gun, Knife and Empty Hand". There is a standard fidelity version and a high fidelity version. "Interface" is a joint collaboration between noted firearms instructor Gabe Suarez and me. It should be out in June and will be a double disc. Amongst the material presented will be "The Kali Fence", a fence based upon Kali-Silat principles, and "The Dog Catcher". The DC I believe to be a very innovative approach that builds upon what has come before yet offers something that gives results under true pressure. The Adventure continues, Crafty Dog
5/30/06 6:16 PM
Crafty Dog

Edited: 30-May-06
Pre-order form is up :-)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.