UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> kuksulwon vs. hapkido belts

12/31/04 3:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
keseki
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Dec-04

Does anyone know and can describe the belts systems of these two Korean martial arts? What are the colors and what is the sequence, and what are the criteria for each one? Kuksulwon Hapkido Thanks, Keseki
1/3/05 11:34 AM
sta94
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Jan-05
I don't train in either but from what I gather, Hapkido is pretty fragmented organization-wise (World Hapkido Federation, Ji Han Jae's organization, Pellegrini's Combat Hapkido, Bong Soo Han's organization, etc) so I'm pretty sure the belt requirements/colors are fairly different from one organization to the other.
1/3/05 2:34 PM
Willybone
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can say that my old school (World Hapkido Fed) used:
White, Yellow, Orange, High Orange (w/ stripe), Green, High Green, Blue, High Blue, Red, High Red, Black.
1/3/05 3:15 PM
Ricky T
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

white , yellow, green , blue, red, black. i did both and the rankings were the same. sin moo hapkido,and moo duk kwan (tang soo do TKD )

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.