UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> Aikido videos

1/1/05 11:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
scrnm
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Jan-05

Hello, I saw that there are some videos of M. Uehsiba (sp?) from around 1930 available. Has anyone ever seen any of these and are they worth getting? Thanks, Joe
1/4/05 6:19 PM
Portuguese2002
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Jan-05
How about "Combat Aikido" videos by Jason Delucia???
1/5/05 10:27 PM
Shawn C
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Jan-05
They rent out those "Combat Aikido" DVDs at MMA Video: http://www.mmavideo.com/index.php
1/6/05 12:05 AM
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Jan-05
I don't know about the ones from around 1930, haven't seen 'em. I have seen "Takemusu Aiki" and the "Founder of Aikido" DVD from AikidoJournal.com I'm not sure if the former is still available, but it has some interesting footage of Ueshiba after 1950 (the best footage on the tape is quite clear and you get a good look at him performing some techniques fairly quickly/teaching; some of the footage is less exciting, though). The "Founder of Aikido" DVD is a documentary and has footage of Ueshiba praying/going about daily activities, as well as some training footage. He is a bit older/slower in this footage, but some of it is still interesting to me. There are some nice closeups of him, too. Also, there is a radio interview included in which, largely, he discourses some of his religious/metaphysical views (a bit unusual, perhaps incomprehensible, but revealing nonetheless). You get to hear his manner of speaking, if nothing else. If you're particularly interested in Ueshiba I'd recommend either of these programs. A final note: My "Founder" DVD was a bit rough in terms of playback a few places; I suppose I could have gotten it replaced if I had asked. G'day B]

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.