UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> Hi

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/4/05 1:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
karasu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Jan-05

I Just wanted to make an appearance as I've been lurking for far too long. I train in Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu along with Judo and Brazilian Jiujitsu.
1/4/05 9:41 AM
Willybone
547 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey.
That's an interesting combination of arts.
1/4/05 10:46 AM
karasu

Thanks. I find these arts are a great complement to eachother and all contain elements of the other. Judo is a detailed study in upright grappling, along with a formidable newaza(groundwork). Brazilian Jiujitsu is an amazing form of groundwork with an extremely highly developed bottom position,aka guard, also of great benefit is Brazilian Jiujitsu's approach to entering the clinch. Finally, Bujinkan Budo Tai Jiujitsu ties these arts together, completing them with a sound study of weapons, striking, awesome ukemi, and add's elements to the grappling not found in the other arts. I have found these arts to form a solid self defense system for the average person.
2/4/05 1:25 PM
FloridaArm Bar
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Feb-05
How have you been lurking way too long? You have been a member since december 30th and posted on Jan 4th.
2/4/05 1:57 PM
karasu

Edited: 04-Feb-05 02:01 PM
Perhaps I never signed up as a member but just enjoyed visiting the forum(s)???? I have also been reading E-budo for many years, but have never signed up.
2/4/05 2:17 PM
beernight
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

welcome.
2/4/05 2:48 PM
FloridaArm Bar
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is a very good point Karasu. My appologies
2/4/05 4:15 PM
karasu

No problem, it was a valid question and thanks for the welcoming, I hope that I can have something positive to contribute to the forums!
2/6/05 9:15 PM
bigbrando

Edited: 06-Feb-05
welcome Karasu
2/8/05 11:44 PM
karasu

Edited: 08-Feb-05
I alternate the training daily while also trying to find the common thread. Also, it keeps me from getting bored. So I guess I train about 1 or 2 hours per day. For example,one day maybe focusing on Judo nagewaza. The next day perhaps a certain aspect of Brazilian Jiujitsu that I need to work on. The follwing day maybe focus on something from the Bujinkan curriculum that will help or add to what I have already training, like maybe focus on adding weapons to my grappling, detailed ukemi, work on strikes, standing submissions, just whatever I feel would be fun to work on. I'm not trying to be a perfect Martial Artist, to me the most important part of training is to have fun and enjoy what I'm doing:)
2/10/05 12:02 AM
karasu

Edited: 10-Feb-05
I am training with various clubs and teachers. Again, training with a variety of people helps me to be well rounded. I always enjoy training with people from various back grounds. I am also fortunate that my teachers charge little and sometimes nothing at all, just as I never charge when sharing my knowledge with others, it's the TMA way!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.