UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> Flight to Japan?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/14/05 1:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AaronU
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Jan-05

I am going to Japan in late march/early April and plan on staying through August. Does anyone know any place online to buy cheap airline tickets to Japan? Would I have better luck with a travel agency? Thanks!
1/15/05 7:36 PM
K2

Edited: 15-Jan-05
Hi Aaron, Guessing you are coming form the States? If so, I can't recommend a great place for online stuff. It would be worth checking major airlines for specials (or subscribing to a list) as some of them have sale to Asia periodically. Las summer I think Northwest has some sales for $600-$700 from LA to Tokyo. Other than that, try to find a travel agent, and call around. Two other things. First, the beginning of April is usually Golden Week (string of holidays in Japan) and it is really, really difficult to find accomodation and travel (trains and flights will be jam packed). If you are coming over on spring break, maybe your schedule isn't so flexible... otherewise, I'd say try to come over earlier and pick a place to stay during that week, or come over afterwards. Second, I almost always extend my trip when I go to Japan (more food, more drinking, more hanging out with friends) so try to make sure your ticket has a flexible return date. Hopefully someone else will chime in with ticket advice. Kyle
1/15/05 7:49 PM
AaronU

Edited: 15-Jan-05
thanks - I should add that flying out of San Francisco would be ideal, but if I could save a lot of money flying from LA, I would obviously fly down there for that.
1/17/05 1:34 AM
mestregruber
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Jan-05
I recommend IACE travel, they have an office in California. I flew out of LA for less than $600, and some people have gotten under $500, depending on the time of year. That said, God help you if you come during Golden Week. It is madness. http://www.iace-usa.com/
1/17/05 8:55 PM
AaronU

Edited: 17-Jan-05
holy shit, thanks for that site, it is great.
1/18/05 3:13 PM
AaronU

Edited: 18-Jan-05
they've got an office near my place so I will hit them up

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.