UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> Gaijin House/Guesthouse

1/14/05 1:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AaronU
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Jan-05

I am going to be studying abroad for 4-5 months in Japan from April thru July. The problem is the school (Sophia University in Tokyo) put me in the dorms which are very expensive compared to guesthouses, plus there is a curfew at midnight. I am thinking about canceling the housing contract and moving into a gainjin house. Have any of you stayed in one before? What was your experience? What websites should I check out? (I have already been to sakura-house.com, and it seems like a good deal). Thanks
1/14/05 4:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sha Bi
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Jan-05
I stayed in a college dorm for a quarter, but it was way too much money in my opinion, even if the curfew and rules don't bother you. I then switched to an Oakhouse gaijin house and was much more satisfied (it wasn't cheap, but it was less than the dorms). I believe it is similar to the Sakura outfit. http://www.oakhouse.jp/english/ I'm sure there are many others. In the place I stayed at the longest, 6 of 8 residents were Japanese. Apparently many of them need short-term housing too. You should be able to find a place reasonably close to Sophia U. Good luck.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.