UnderGround Forums

Washington Underground >> USAMMA Upcoming Events

1/24/05 6:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DJLastCall
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Jan-05 06:41 PM

I wanted to share our current planned list of events with the Pacific Northwest MMA fans: January 29th - GrappleMania Seattle, Shoreline Community College February 12th - Wenatchee Convention Center, Wenatchee, WA March 12th - ATT Academy, Olympia WA April 16th - Wenatchee Convention Center, Wenatchee, WA April 30th - Cowlitz County Exhibition Center, Longview, WA (pending) questions and comments can be directed to usamixedmartialarts@yahoo.com Christopher 'Last Call' Cope USAMMA Chairman
1/31/05 7:46 PM
clintpac1
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Jan-05
Do you have a website with lineups, etc?
2/1/05 1:04 AM
DJLastCall
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Feb-05
We're working on our own site, clint. As for fight cards - on the amateur level it's extremely difficult to make cards that don't change drastically between the planning phase and fight night. In the meantime feel free to get on our mailing list by contacting me at usamixedmartialarts@yahoo.com
3/3/05 7:03 PM
DJLastCall

Edited: 03-Mar-05
Our next event is Saturday March 12 at the ATT gym. 710 Marine DR NE Olympia WA 98501 There are currently 8 bouts scheduled including a kickboxing match between Justin Nathaniel and Rich Guerin. American Top Team Florida is sending a couple guys up to compete and Benji Radach is bringing a couple guys from his new gym in Longview. Team Quest member JD Stanley is also scheduled to fight. I'll post a full fight card as soon as I can.
3/3/05 10:00 PM
BustamanteFan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Mar-05
DJlastCall, Thanks for the info. Please do post the more info as it become availible. Does Hallman have room for a normal size ring, or do they use the rinky dink ring for the fights at the ATT gym? See you there. Are you going to be at Pearson's show on Saturday?
3/4/05 12:33 AM
DJLastCall

Edited: 04-Mar-05 01:12 PM
My attendance at Charlie and Aric's show depends solely on my wife plans this weekend. :) The 'rinky dink ring' has been retired (FINALLY!). It is a 22' ring we use at the ATT gym. I talked to Dennis today and he gave me the fight card. In no particular order: Justin Davis vs Rich Guerin (kickboxing exhibition) Rey Duarte vs James Marohl (MMA) Thaigo Jambo vs JD Stanley (MMA) Jared Trigg vs Selby Fualaau (MMA) Mykal Clark vs Brian Kessler (MMA) Ryan Willams vs Wesley Welch (MMA) Timmmmmmah Phillips vs United Tualoloa (MMA) Austin Heath vs "Master K" (MMA)
3/4/05 1:52 PM
BustamanteFan

Edited: 04-Mar-05
Thaigo Jambo vs. JD Stanley should be an interesting match. Other than that there really isn't anything too exciting on the card. In my honest opinion, when you guys have these amateur shows with unknown fighters I think you should add more fights. We all know most of these fights aren't getting out of the first round. Why not add more fights, so the fans get their $'s worth? For example, Aric and Charlie advertised 17 fights for their upcoming show. Granted, their will probably be more like 12 , but it's still a full night of fights. Just a suggestion.
3/4/05 3:20 PM
DJLastCall

I don't disagree and I really wish we could....but with all the other events going on it's tough to keep fighters healthy enough to keep competing. - This weekend in Everett (3/5) - USA MMA next weekend in Olympia (3/12) - Derek Cleveland has one in Spokane (3/18) - Desert Brawl in Bend (3/19) - Sport Fight in Gresham (3/26) - USA MMA in Wenatchee (4/2) That's, in part, why we're trying to work with all the promoters to work schedules out and share fighters to deepen the base of competition. Also - ATT will be sending fighters back and forth in the near future.
3/4/05 4:00 PM
BustamanteFan

It really is great that mma is once again thriving in the Pacific Northwest. I do agree that with so many shows it is difficult to make lots of great matches, but I also think the talent pool is big enough that you don't really need to fill card with the likes of the "Samoan assassin" Selby Fualaau and the vaunted "master K". It's a shame that guys like Cousin Matt, Dax Bruce, Mike Jonet, Justin Jones, and others are no longer main stays on Dennis' shows. These guys and many other were the backbone of many great shows. I guess those days are over :(
3/4/05 4:42 PM
clintpac1
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give me another year or two and I'll be ready to fight! :)
3/4/05 4:48 PM
DJLastCall

Edited: 04-Mar-05 05:45 PM
Those days ended when the new legislation went into effect last spring. We can no longer use fighters that have fought pro on our amateur cards. -Cousin Matt still competes as an amateur, but it's hard to get good amateur fights for him becuase he could very easily compete as a pro. -Mike Jonet still fights for us occasioanlly, but he generally fights in Eastern Washington cards. - I haven't heard from Dax in a while, but I'll check into that. - I don't think Justin Jones has been training full time in quite a while, but he (like Cousin Matt) is too experienced to throw in against some up and coming amateur, you know. The talent level between these few and the newer fighters is so dramatic it's hard to find good fights for them.
3/4/05 8:57 PM
DJLastCall

BustaFan - I didn't think of it before, but Charlie and Aric's shows also have several kickboxing bouts one them, too. We primarily run MMA events. I've suggested that we try to add more KB bouts...time will tell.
3/5/05 9:45 PM
DJLastCall

Edited: 05-Mar-05
....tryin' TJ
3/10/05 4:16 PM
BustamanteFan

Edited: 10-Mar-05 04:17 PM
Is the line-up still intact? I talked with Blackburn at Aric's show and he said he *might* be fighting on the show as well. I guess he's had a bit of a staph infection, but is feeling better. Regarding not being able to fight after fighting as a pro. How does that apply? I believe since the new laws have come around there has been only 1 pro show in WA, State. ( In Anacortes ) SP? Excluding the guys who fought on that show, who is a pro in the state of Washington? If you cannot use a fighter who has EVER fought as pro then half your card shouldn't be fighting. I'm not trying to start shit, just trying to get more info.
3/10/05 7:55 PM
DJLastCall

Edited: 10-Mar-05
The definition of professional and amateur changed with last year's law. Fighters being paid at previous shows (before 2004) does not necessarily qualify that person a 'pro' fighter. Any individual that has competed as a pro on a "sanctioned professional MMA card in Washington State" cannot fight MMA as an amateur. That means they previously got licensed to fight (like the UFCF events events Matt Hume used to do at the Lucky Eagle). ***keywords: IN WASHINGTON STATE*** Someone licensed as a pro in Oregon might possibly slip into one of our cards....but we wouldn't want them fighting an amateur. To the best of my knowledge Justin Davis is the only fighter on this card that has previously been paid as a pro MMA fighter in this state (at the Anacortes show)....hence the 'kickboxing exhibition'. Check out the following link (cut & paste): https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/dolprod/profquery/ In the top box scroll down to "Professional Athletics - Participant, Martial Arts" Then click SEARCH. The result is a list of the actively licensed pro MMA fighters in Washington State. Anyone that isn't on that list has either already expired, or hasn't been licensed as a pro since the last pro UFCF event (sometime in 2002).
3/11/05 8:56 PM
Carlão
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Mar-05
Watch out for Rey Duarte the kid is a machine!!!!!
3/11/05 10:17 PM
DJLastCall

Edited: 11-Mar-05
I think it was Duarte that I met today at the ATT West gym.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.