UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Dislocated Finger

1/27/05 5:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
truemanc1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Jan-05

Hi, I dislocated my finger about three months ago and it is still swolen, which restricts the movment, it is the pip joint on my middle (longest) finger. Has this happend to anyone here? I beleve Judo and wrestling is the worst for this type of injury. How long dose it take to heal? do you get full motion back in the finger over time? I ice it and take ibruprofen every day.
1/28/05 4:11 AM
pbolger

Edited: 28-Jan-05
have you had an xray? you can have fractures that occur with dislocations. also ligament tears can also occur. 3 months not better = ortho visit.
1/28/05 10:09 PM
tbftne

Edited: 29-Jan-05 01:06 AM
Same boat here but only one month. Finger is all deformed looking but I never went to a doctor. Grip is better but finger is still sore.
2/1/05 12:53 PM
truemanc1

Edited: 01-Feb-05
Ye I spoke to a mate of mine at weekend who plays Rugby here in the UK, he has done all his fingers on his right hand and two on this left, he told me it will take around eight months to heal and to expect some degree of permanent swelling, he can not make a fist properly on his right hand but assures me it will not be the case with me, his are like that because he keeps playing with busted fingers an then re-dislocates them (a bit of a nut job thing to do if you ask me) mind you he has played for over twenty years and seems to know his stuff. tbftne if your fingers are injures to the same degree as mine (pretty bad) in a couple of months they will not be sore any more but it will be hard to make a fist. I have been told to start to force my fingers to clench fully and straighten fully and there will not be a problem, hope so.
3/1/05 4:13 AM
truemanc1

Edited: 01-Mar-05
Just an update at the 4-month recovery stage for anyone interested. I have been back training a month, the finger is a bit spongy, in the morning it is just stiff, it seems to need some warm up time, spoke to Chris Hauter at a seminar and he said it will take a long time before it is going to be fully recovered, he has done nearly all his fingers, who said jits was a gentle art. The pressure stretching that the physiotherapist told me about really works I can almost fully extend and fully grip it is the last 10% that is difficult. Look after your hands as they take a long time to recover or maybe it is just my age 35.
3/6/05 10:21 AM
tbftne

Edited: 06-Mar-05
I'm 34 and it has been a couple of months for me. The finger still has a huge bumat the middle joint and it hurts a tad when I move it certain ways. The strength is mostly back and I can make a fist but it hurts a little bit.
5/9/05 4:52 PM
truemanc1

Edited: 09-May-05
Still swollen (at the 6 month stage) but almost fully better, some restricted movement,
5/9/05 5:36 PM
truemanc1

5/9/05 10:18 PM
andre
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have this now. Its been about a month and I cant fully straighten the finger, nor can I properly make a fist. I hope its not a tumor.
7/22/09 2:10 AM
sleepybear70
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andre - I have this now. Its been about a month and I cant fully straighten the finger, nor can I properly make a fist.I hope its not a tumor.

I fractured 2 fingers 2 weeks ago.I had xrays done the day after so it was diagnosed fairly fast.They put a splint on the worst fracture and told me to take it easy for a month and to exercise the fingers at night.I went in to train tonight for the first time since it happened but the teacher acted like it wasn't serious and wanted me to train normally.I wasn't sure if I should so I left.Another teacher last week said they would work around it with no contact to the finger.It was a more ground focused class tonight.I should probably just do the stand up classes only.When did you start training after your injury and did you go full bore or did you nurse it?I'm 39 and just do it for the exercise as well.
7/22/09 2:15 AM
sleepybear70
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh yeah the doc said to have no contact.I told her it happened in class.I jammed the fingers into the mat.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.