UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> Pine Island Round Up Results

2/14/05 12:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
<:(((><
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Feb-05

We fished the 2nd tournament of the year so far over the weekend. Two weeks ago we got 5th in a redfish tournament outta Matlacha, FL. Saturday we fished the Pine Island Round Up. It was freezing out, 39 degrees with 15 mph wind. This was the worst weather I have ever been fishing in. The format of the tournament was Catch and Release but you had to take a pic of the fish laid on a measuring board. The species were snook, redfish and trout. We ended up with 28.5" & 25" snook, 26.5" and 27" redfish and 18" & 17" trout. I think it was like 142" for our total, we felt pretty good about those numbers considering it was 39 degrees in the morning and winter time. As we got to the dock someone asked us about the mystery fish, I had no idea what they were talking about. Well I guess we missed the part that if you catch a sheepshead you get an additional 10 points to your final numbers. We caught 3 sheephead but didn't know they counted for anything!!! UGH!! All turned out ok cause we beat the 2nd place boat by 10" anyway and they had a sheepshead! So our team got it's first win of the season. Last year I got 2nd place in this tourney so it was nice to come back with the "W".:) BTW, in the summer time those numbers would never win anything that's how big of a difference the weather makes around here for fishing. Last June I fished a tournament with the same formant and brought in 172" and still only got 3rd...:)
2/14/05 2:07 PM
jscorbett
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you have need, email me some pics, crunched for html, and I will host them for you to post.
2/14/05 4:05 PM
<:(((><
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This was just a lil pea shooter tournament(25 boats) so we only have pics of the fish Next weekend is the redfish cup!! If we can get on this nice wad of redfish that have been eating for us then Ill have some pictures to post for sure!!!:)
2/14/05 9:57 PM
crazyhook
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fish Congrats man!!!! thats awesome! can't wait get get down there next month! if you need to host them go to myfishingpictures.com
2/15/05 12:45 PM
Big Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Feb-05
Good to hear your off to a good start!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.