UnderGround Forums

PhotoshopGround >> aligning the monitor, icc profile?

2/14/05 1:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mpthief
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Feb-05

i'm trying to align my monitor via the PS help files, i'm stuck at "make sure you are running RGB 128". can anyone explain the overall process or provide a link? appreciate it.
2/18/05 2:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nimitivd
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Feb-05
what do you mean align your monitor?? you can calibrate your monitor but you need an calibration tool like an xrite...they are $$$ profiling is really only important if you are producing your work on a variety of printers/machines and wan't to keep the color consistant. most rgb stuff on windows uses the sRGB profile, mac default rgb is Adobe RGB. I would say if you are not a pro graphic designer, ie get paid for it and get stuff printed, I would just turn profiling off and not worry about it. If you are a pro, id set all your adobe apps to "us prepress defaults", that will work fine for you. Don't change the settings until you know why you want to use a different profile. us prepress default is basically adobe rgb for rgb, and swop for cmyk. In a perfect world you set the adobe apps to "us prepress defaults". then you calibrate your printer and monitor so what you see on screen is what the file really is. and what you print is what the file really looks like. what you see on screen and what you print should match. If you use profiles and don't have your monitor and printed calibrated you are just guessing. I get files all the time with a certain profile and then a customer comp that is nowhere near the color of the file because their printer isnt calibrated and they probably don't know that becuase their monitor isnt calibrated. Then they bitch when we proof the file and the color is way off, because our proof looks just like the file. Good calibration is costly and time consuming and is somthing a lot of designers overlook.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.