UnderGround Forums

Roy Harris >> Mid-February update...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/15/05 4:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Feb-05

Hello to all, Today is Tuesday, February 15. It is now 1:15pm. I have been answering e-mails all morning (since 7:30am). Yesterday, I dropped Manong Romy off at the airport. I was sad to see him go. However, as I look back over the past two weeks, my heart smiles because I had a great time with him! He has truly become my older brother! Here's the scoop on what's happening at Harris International: 1. My website is down. Why? I have no idea. I contacted my service provider and they are stumped as well. They are supposed to be working on the problem. They said they would call in an hour, but it has been several. So, I guess I will have to wait. 2. Version 5 of RoyHarris.com is ready to go. I am waiting for one final thing to be fixed and then we will go live. I plan to transfer the domain name later today, with hopes of everything coming together by Friday or Saturday. I am very excited about this! 3. The BJJ Workshop Instructional, held at the world famous Minnesota Kali Academy, is finished and on its way to those of you who attended the workshop back in June of 2004. Please let me know when you get it. Also, I put some additional footage on the tape for your enjoyment. Finally, this tape will be made available to the general public as soon as the new site goes live and I figure out how to work the admin section. 4. The BJJ Over 40 was put on hold because of Manong Romy's visit. I thought I would be able to continue working on it during his visit, but I was unable to do so. I will not begin working on it again until next week (I am totally exhausted from my "host" duties and need a week to recover). 5. I'd like to publicly thank Mr. Jeff Baldwin for filling and teaching classes in my absence! 6. I am almost finished with the re-writing of the Apprentice Level Grappling Instructor's Manual. For those of you who took the Apprentice Level Grappling Instructor's Course, I think you will like the re-write (especially since there are now over 350 pages of info). If you are a "current" instructor within the association would like a copy of the new manual, please send $40 to Harris International and I will mail one out to you. 7. Next month (March), my international seminar schedule begins. The first seminar will be held in Gothenburg, Sweden. In April, I will head to Erie, Pennsylvania. In May, I will head to Obertshausen, Germany and Calgary, Alberta, Canada. In June, I will head to Rochester, New York and Galway/Dublin, Ireland. In July, I will head to Minneapolis, Minnesota and Poznan, Poland. So I will be pretty busy the next five months ; ) 8. The MMA classes at the academy are going quite well. Just this week, we crossed an important point in time. We are now mixing the striking elements with takedowns and sprawling. This is quite a feat for a new group of people who have minimal to no experience. Plus, we end every session with forty and forty! I can already see the level of conditioning beginning to heighten in just four weeks. 9. The new format for the JKD classes seems to be popular. Students are learning the new trapping methods mixed with the older ones. Plus, with the addition of clinch training and isolated sparring, many of them are experiencing the effects of this unique mix. A few people have had their groins hit pretty hard, their eyes poked, their chests bitten, their biceps destroyed and their arms wrenched because of over aggressive training partners. However, through all of the injuries, they have learned of the effectiveness of trapping and clinch range training, mainly because of the sparring they have done. 10. Recently, I have written several new articles. However, you won't be able to read them until the new site goes live (and I figure out how to work the admin section). I know you will enjoy these new articles. (Did you know that RoyHarris.com has over 1000 pages of info on it?) Well, that about wraps it up for mid-February. I plan to have more news for you in early March. Sincerely, Roy Harris
2/15/05 7:39 PM
beauregard
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Feb-05
Thank you for the update Mr. Harris. I received it in my mail this afternoon. I am looking forward to Royharris.com version 5 going live and the BJJ Workshop Instructional DVD. The Apprentice Level Grappling Instructor's Manual revision sounds awesome. I'll be sending in my money next week. Thanx again Seamus
2/16/05 2:34 AM
MikeSwainFan

Edited: 16-Feb-05
judo-bjj-dvd.com
thanks for the update...i too am very much looking to your website's return.
2/17/05 12:58 AM
Cherrypicker

Edited: 17-Feb-05

A few people have had their groins hit pretty hard, their eyes poked, their chests bitten, their biceps destroyed and their arms wrenched because of over aggressive training partners.

I think I will stick with BJJ.  Yikes!

2/17/05 1:45 AM
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Feb-05
Thanks to the generosity of Brooke Nielsen, www.RoyHarris.com is back up. Roy Harris

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.