UnderGround Forums

Roy Harris >> Q for Mr Harris

2/16/05 6:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nightz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Feb-05

Ok heres another complete noob question. I dunno whether this has been asked before.I'm just beginning BJJ and I was wondering if there are any advantages to taking private lessons over large group classes? The Privates are an hour with the instructor a brown belt. The group classes are 1&1/2 hours, but the class has a variety of blue and purple belts to spar with. I know read took privates as well when you began training jits. From your experiance I'd like to know if private students in general pick up things much quicker.
2/17/05 1:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Feb-05
There are advantages to both group and private lessons. Group lessons offer a person the chance to work on different techniques with different body types and personalities. Group lessons are cheaper by the hour. Private lessons offer a person the chance to work on specific areas of interest. Private lessons cost more. Both of these training methods have their pros and cons. And, I believe both of them should be used in combination. Roy Harris

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.