UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> torch baton techniques?

2/21/05 10:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HULC
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Feb-05

I've heard of using large torches, like maglites, as a good combo weapon to both blind the attacker with a flash and then clobber him with the same torch. Are there any recognised techniques and/or training methodologies to follow here, and if not, what would be the most similar weapon system to canabalise techniques off of?
2/21/05 6:21 PM
theMachine23
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Feb-05 06:26 PM
(edited for spacing) hi, HULC, are you english? for those who don't know, torch (britain) = flashlight (america) cops in america use maglites as weapons. as for techniques, you can use a surefire light to blind someone much better than a maglight, then beat them with it. but, if you have time to blind someone, you might as well draw another weapon like pepper spray (unless you intend some serious damage or are under a higher thread) a large maglight is like a heavier version of a rattan stick. FMA (filipino martial arts) is the place to learn stick techniques. people tend to use surefire lights in conjunctino with firearms. and for the price you don't want to break it! i guess if that were my only weapon, i'd blind then kick in the nads, then beat him with the light if necessary. depends on how dark it is; you also have to consider your eyes will be readjusting to the darkness/light as well. some options: blind and club blind and kick blind and draw spray, fire blind and draw firearm blind and run etc
2/22/05 3:35 PM
Stickgrappler
1687 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Feb-05
check out this thread: Surefire Light (14)[222] By GrandpaB
2/22/05 9:44 PM
GrandpaB
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Feb-05
Has anyone read "Defensive Tactics with Flashlights" by John G. Peters. I have seen it advertised but hesitate to invest the money because I didn't like his book "Realistic Defensive Tactics"? Grandpab
2/23/05 2:10 PM
HULC
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Feb-05
theMachine23, yeh im English, so the idea of pulling a gun is a bit of a no-no. :) Thanks for the info everyone. I think that surefire might be a bit overkill for me, i dont really want to spend that much money on a torch when im already trying to save up for something else. The suggestions are good though, and i might look into some FMA schools round here sometime soon. Cheers

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.