UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> Kohiruimaki

2/24/05 12:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ResuTudo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Feb-05

I hear that Takayuki Kohiruimaki of K-1 World Max gets booed alot, whether he wins a fight by decision or he gets a KO. Is it because he is boring, unappealing to the younger audience, or does he pull antics like Hidetada Irie and Yoji Anjoh?
2/24/05 8:41 PM
Opash

Edited: 24-Feb-05
He has kind of a bad attidute - his nickname is 'Mr Stoic'. He also often tries 'antics' in the ring. See the Buakaw mach where he holds the leg then kicks the knee 2-3 times, immediately after Buakaw gets pissed off and decides to Terminate Kohi for his antics. He also get booed (be regular fight fans) for his gifted judges decisions, like on Wednesday nights MAX show. Yet, he also has a sizable and very vocal female following - which is I guess what makes him so marketable in the eyes of the K1 MAX top brass. Aside from all that though he still a world class fighter.
3/16/05 12:49 PM
Spunkwhy

Edited: 16-Mar-05
He is a great fighter, but his arrogance just kinda pisses people off. He got booed at the last MAX show obviously due to the fight going to a decision. I mean, the decision was correct, but the game he brought was a lot less entertaining and exciting. But thems the breaks, I guess. -Spunk

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.