UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> Kakutogi tsuushin help!

2/24/05 10:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grizzly Gym
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Feb-05

Okay you bastards, none of you have posted to my other recent threads, but I actually need your help on this one. I live in Canada, and I am desparate to get ahold of a copy of Kakutogi Tsuushin magazine, November 23 issue (No.361). I appear in a photo from the SAW tournament, and thast is exactly the sort of thing this international warrior needs in his memoriblila collection. I have tried to contact the magazine directly, but they don't ship internationally. Do any of you jackasses have it? If so, I would be happy to reimburse you if you could mail it to me in good condition. Please email me at mikemartelle@hotmail.com, or post here. And then go answer my other threads! Thank you, you sons of bitches.
2/24/05 8:45 PM
Opash

Edited: 24-Feb-05
Well despite your overly polite tone - I will still see what I can do. (although if you had asked around November I could definately helped ya) There is a place near me that has a bunch of back issues of magagzines they sell cheaply. Although most of the the kakutougi magazines they have are Gong - as Tsuushin does not seem as popular or as widespread. PEACE!
2/26/05 3:45 AM
HungryTiger

Edited: 26-Feb-05
Grizzly, the SAW tournament is not something of interest for most people (myself included), so I'm glad that you were specific as far as the magazine number you are looking for. Having said that, this son of a bitch did find that issue, it has Kid on the cover saying "Mattero, Masato!". The SAW report however is so insignificant I had to check twice in order to find it. It's basically one black and white page, and what I suppose is your photo (Maiku Matteru) is no bigger than my little finger, literally! It's actually half a photo, you can barely see one dude putting you in some sort of leg lock. Honestly, I can't be bothered to send a whole magazine to Canada (I'm in Thailand) for half a black and white thumbsized photo. Besides dude, you lost the fight!
2/26/05 3:28 PM
ricksongjj

Edited: 26-Feb-05
Opash-could you find me any with Rickson on the cover?
2/27/05 8:05 PM
Opash

Edited: 27-Feb-05
rickson - I will e-mail you. Just be patient as I don't have regular access to my account.
2/28/05 12:18 AM
ResuTudo

Edited: 28-Feb-05
Congratulations Grizzly. Was Konishi in this tourney?
2/28/05 4:04 PM
Grizzly Gym

Hi Opash, thanks for your reply! It would be great if you could help me out. I know that my appearance in the issue is pretty minor, but I'd still like it as a souvenir. Please email me at mikemartelle@hotmail.com , and I will be happy to reimiburse you fairly for it. Thanks again! Mike
2/28/05 4:06 PM
Grizzly Gym

Thanks Resutudo! Actually he was there, but not competing. I hear he'll be in next year's 20th anniversary show.
3/8/05 11:42 PM
ResuTudo

Edited: 08-Mar-05
Grizzly shoot me an email at alee8582@hotmail.com.
4/4/05 3:16 PM
Grizzly Gym

Edited: 04-Apr-05
Okay HungryTiger, I haven't had any success locating the issue elsewhere, so I am going to ask you to please reconsider going to the bother of mailing it to me. I'd be happy to reimburse you, of course. I realize that I'm hardly the cover boy, but I still think it's cool to have one of my fights get coverage from Japan to Thailand. Email me please, mikemartelle@hotmail.com
4/6/05 5:16 PM
Grizzly Gym

Edited: 06-Apr-05
ttt
4/12/05 8:49 AM
HungryTiger

Edited: 12-Apr-05
Grizzly you got mail.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.