Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Mar-05

ECCKS
3/3/05 11:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
4 Ranges

I'm there with bells on. Harvey Dean is supposed to be there.
3/3/05 11:35 PM
e. kaye

I'll be looking for the guy with bells on.
3/4/05 9:02 AM
4 Ranges

Edited: 04-Mar-05
LOL! When are you there? I'll be there Friday, but not sure what time. Gotta meet Harvey Dean, and check out his goods!
3/4/05 9:52 AM
e. kaye

I will be there today. The show starts at 1, but I get in at 12 as a Guild Member. I am wearing a gold and blue striped tie and will be carrying a blue bag. I also wear black rimmed glasses.
3/4/05 10:01 AM
Willybone
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm thinking about going, but I won't be able to get out of here until 6.
3/4/05 10:24 AM
e. kaye

The show is open until 7 today and then on the weekend.
3/4/05 10:43 AM
Willybone
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Mar-05 10:55 AM
Gotcha, maybe I can sneak out at 5.
An hour an a half is usually enough for me, I think.
I'm broke, so I never feel right taking up too much of any dealer's time.
3/4/05 3:18 PM
e. kaye

I did not see anyone with bells on. ;-(
3/4/05 5:01 PM
4 Ranges

The bells set off the hotel alarm so I had to leave them with security. :( They were my custom tactical bells too, dangit. I was the dude in the cashmere overcoat drooling over the Hossom retribution that was there at the arizona custom knives table. So busy looking that I didn't bother to look up for the dark glasses ekaye. FINALLY got to handle a Harvey Dean. Man, now I know why these guys are mastersmiths. That bowie knife was as light as my spyderco chinook. Got to play a bit with hibben's musso. Always a show stopper that piece. Picked up the custom fixed blade book with signature. Played around with a couple of doziers. Stopped by les robertson's table, played with a crowell, walker, flournoy, fitch. RJ Martin's rampage was there. Wasn't too keen on it. Ran into carl atienza; got his info. Drooled again on the Hossom. All in all a very fun day. My version of toys r us. I'll be back either tomorrow or sunday.
3/4/05 5:30 PM
e. kaye

I'll there both days over the weekend. I own a Dean that won Best Fighter at the Blade Show. Damn thing is so well balanced and light feeling that you doubt it is made of steel. I didn't buy any knives. Did not see anything that caught my eye. I did buy a scrimshawed Mammoth Ivory tusk from Linda Karst. She does great work. I go back on the weekend becasue invariably other knives show up. Sometimes people sell or trade and sometimes deliveries don't get picked up. In the past I have found the best things at the end of the day Sat. or Sun.
3/5/05 11:05 AM
4 Ranges

Edited: 05-Mar-05
ekaye: I hear you on the harvey dean. It was so light that it felt like a kitchen knife. It makes me wonder how tough those knives are because they're so light! I thought I'd buy something, but nothing caught me either. The only ones I came close to buying was the hossom retribution in giraffe bone, and a spydie yojimbo. But I just bought a busse eu17 magnum online, so I don't want to push the envelope with the mrs. I did buy 2 vinyl cases for when the bagwells arrive, and the custom fixed blade book. Right now I want to look more at the ABS competition knives. When you look at those competitions, those knives have to do a LOT of things. They have to be tough enough to chop through a 2x4 in 10 seconds, but must have good enough edge geometry to slice through bottles of water that are unsupported. I'm looking at Barker, Crowell, Fitch, Dean, Flournoy. Bagwell's still my guy (and of course Fisk, if he ever becomes available), but I want to branch out a bit.
3/5/05 1:35 PM
e. kaye

Edited: 05-Mar-05
PS-Bill called me. YOu should call him. He asked what happened to my friend that was going to call. PPS-He also said that he is ready to make me a knife, so I have to decide what it is going to be.
3/7/05 12:45 PM
4 Ranges

Edited: 07-Mar-05
ekaye: Please email me the number you have, not the 903 number. That's the same one I have, and it doesn't work. Please email it to badfactory1@yahoo.com. I need to get in touch with him to make sure our ETA's are set, etc. What are you thinking of ordering from him btw?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.