UnderGround Forums

North Carolina Underground >> Grappling BANNED in NC!!

3/5/05 2:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AnthonyHuss
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Mar-05

YUPE! You heard right. The NC State Boxing Commission has moved to mislabel Grappling events and Kung Fu events as "MMA". http://mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?ac=ListMessages&PID=1&TID=565441&FID=1&pc=78
5/13/05 12:03 AM
cpb

Edited: 13-May-05
XFGEAR
This is incorrect. Grappling is not Banned in NC. I know the Boxing commission is giving you a lot of grief and I agree with you that they really dont have any real reason to do so but saying grappling is banned in NC is misleading and is only hurting other grappling tournament promoters. It Just isnt true. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5/17/05 6:45 PM
AnthonyHuss

Edited: 17-May-05 06:51 PM
"CPB", Paul Boobie, I don't appreciate you coming behind me and calling me a liar. There is more to the situation than you are aware of. At the very LEAST one could say that Grappling is PARTIALLY banned. Just cause it wasn't YOUR event that got banned means it's not your problem. I hope Gokor's event goes well, but if/when you find your GRAPPLING event getting slammed and shut down,....THEN you come back to me and the rest of us and tell us in your honest opinion that Grappling IS NOT BANNED. I am certain your opinion will have been considerably changed!! In refference to the BANNING thing: FACT: They permanently BANNED the "TAP FACTOR" event series, a 100% pure Grappling event in NC. So as far as I am concerned it IS banned. Until they are able to make competent and consistant judgement calls, I think that it would be best if ALL promoters watch their asses. I say this not to dampen someone's urge to compete in a NC Grappling event. But as a way to make everyone, promoter, hanger-on, teacher, fighter, etc. aware that there IS a serious problem here. Some are content as long as it is not THEIR event that's getting screwed.
6/2/05 11:55 AM
ChrisBrevard

Edited: 02-Jun-05
Do you think it could have been because you tried to do the grappling and striking tourney together. And because you put up so much of a fight that they did that just to get back at you? This is the first I have heard of it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.