UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> ATTN Trust

3/7/05 4:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
wizbang
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-05

Hey if you're around this forum anytime soon I was wondering if you wouldn't mind fielding a question or two about North Georgia. I'm going away on a biz trip but I'll check back here at some point. Thanks.
3/9/05 1:04 PM
Remnar Soady
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Mar-05
Sure, but when I lived there I wasn't into herping.
3/11/05 10:58 AM
wizbang
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Mar-05
Finally back to a computer. I was just wondering if you knew anything about towns like Cumming or Flowery Branch. I'm looking for something small and boring (it's what my family is used to). I'll work in Alpharetta so with the bad traffic I realize the drive will suck from places like that but I'd rather have a long drive in oder to live in a smaller place.
3/14/05 11:38 AM
Remnar Soady
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Mar-05
Flowery Branch has one of the best seafood restaurants, heck, restaurant in general, of any I've been in in my life. It's called Major McGills, and if you get a chance to go there, do NOT miss out. It's a tiny place, with very quaint atmosphere. Apparently a lot of celebs go there since it's so out of the way. If you really do up dinner, with appetizers, drinks and dessert (in addition to typical entrees), you're going to spend ~$100 for 2 people. Really, that's the best way to go, although you could skip the appetizer and dessert, and just have iced tea/soda to drink, but you'd be missing out since they do cook and prepare everything themselves. The desserts are nothing short of amazing. Quite a few of my co-workers, when I was in Atlanta, lived in FB and thought it was great. Never heard anything bad about it. As for Cumming, I only a knew a few people that lived there, and they were fine with it as well. Back when I was looking to move upthere, Forsythe County still had a bit of a reputation as being a bit racist, but I've heard that has changed and Forsythe has expanded quite a bit.
3/14/05 12:33 PM
wizbang

Edited: 14-Mar-05
Thanks for the input. Off the top of your head, and you may not remember and even if you do, I'll do my own research I just like educated opinions: Do you think the drive from FB to Alpharetta would be even more unbearable than the drive from Cumming to Alpharetta. I guess what I'm saying is from Cumming you are on 400 longer but from FB you have to swing under the lake on route 20 (Buford rd) and then merge onto 400 everyday (seems like that would suck). Do you know if rt 20 has terrible traffic too? We talking 1hr or 1.5hrs every day? Thanks for any input you have and anything you remember!!
3/15/05 2:50 PM
Trust

Edited: 15-Mar-05
Well, back when I lived there, driving anywhere was a pain in the butt. I used to live in Lawrenceville, right between I-85 and 316. When I worked up in Suwanee, I would drive through the country side to get to work down these 2 lane country roads. There would be so many people going each direction that these roads would be a parking lot. You'd be sitting there at 7:50 in the morning, at a dead stop in the middle of freaking nowhere, with cows to your right, and another car facing the opposite direction parked to your left with cows on the other side of them. But since then I understand they've substantially improved the roads. My inclination is to think that the drive from Flowery Branch is worse.
3/15/05 3:36 PM
wizbang

Edited: 15-Mar-05
So my research indicates. Looks like the west side of the lake for me.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.