UnderGround Forums

Scott Sonnon >> Who taught you to FLOW?

7/11/02 5:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sonnon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Jul-02

Who taught you to flow, and how did that coach teach it to you physically? Did he just expect you to mysteriously "go with the flow" somehow, or did he have specific coaching or series of drilling that gave you access to flow?
7/23/02 4:22 PM
IMPATCQC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Jul-02
In my experience, I was given ideas and concepts that i had to adapt to my own body structure. With that came the idea of " If I adapt these techniques, why stop there ?". Of course, when i brought up my epiphone to the "instructors", it was " Yes, that is good. But.....uh, don't do that on your belt test ". So tradition impeded growth. It was until I read up on ROSS that i knew the difference between a "response" and "responding". THE FLOW !!!!
8/1/02 8:21 PM
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Aug-02
as a young wrestler, our coach always stressed the importance of chain wrestling. But like Impat, I had lost some of that knowledge to do some bad training. Watching higher level athletes and fighters sort of gave me the notion after a while and I worked on flowing with various partners. it improved my fight almost immediately Jason K

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.