UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> GUYS I NEED HELP BAD ...

3/10/05 9:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Mar-05

ok at my job every morning for a little "wakeup" and daily learning i search for and find different topics on facts, history, philosophy , quotes and etc . So i have come to a stump and i really wanna find the big answer for this qeustion which many of u may have not wondered yourself. My question is ....HOW ON EARTH did the concept of the "worm bait" come about. I mean really how is it that one day some guy was fishing or digging for worms and thought " HMMM... i wonder if i can catch a fish by tying it on a string in water n hope they bite for it" How where n when did this concept or outrageous idea come about thanks :) SS
3/10/05 3:54 PM
jscorbett
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Mar-05
It is awful that you are plagued by such a derivative knowledge question. I have no idea.
4/24/05 7:25 PM
JBALL
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Apr-05
Fish are predators and typically respond well to live food or wounded food. They still move after being taken apart and put on a hook so it makes good bait. Worms like moist ground, especially near water so worms will fall into water. I'm sure someone observed fish going nuts when worms fell into the water. Thats my best guess...
4/26/05 10:07 AM
crazyhook

Edited: 26-Apr-05
my answer would be the same if you asked why did people start making plastic minnows and making flys.. because it is natural food for the fish.
7/25/06 2:14 AM
ECWCock

Edited: 25-Jul-06
Because a bone hook by itself didn't work too well.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.