UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> Bruno Cruicchi?

3/17/05 1:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Crafty Dog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Mar-05

Woof All: Recently someone mentioned Bruno Cruicchi, who does Venezuelan stickfighting. I tried using the search function without success. Is this person still out there? Crafty Dog
3/17/05 6:10 AM
Steven Lefebvre

Edited: 17-Mar-05
Hello Guro Crafty, I saw some footage of Bruno while I was training with Tuhon Kier and the Sayoc group. You may want to contact Tom Furman as he may be able to point you in the right direction. Gumagalang Guro Steve Lefebvre www.Bujinkandojo.net
3/18/05 1:13 PM
AmericanShogun

Edited: 18-Mar-05
Crafty, Have you seen this site? http://rajasterlak.silat.4mg.com/garrote/history.html A.S.
3/19/05 8:15 PM
Crafty Dog

Edited: 19-Mar-05
http://www.dogbrothers.com/spanish/yabbse/viewtopic.php?t=52 A couple of the posts are in English. Gotta run-- taking my son to the movies.
3/20/05 12:42 AM
mustika

Edited: 20-Mar-05
Crafty, What do you want to know?? Bruno's name comes up for his translation service in Caracas on searc engines. He speaks nine languages. He gave a seminar at Guru Cliff Stewart's camp in June of last year. I think he will repeat. If you want a private session of training and trading war stories, it will only cost you lunch (Bruno usually pays for coffee when we do breakfast!). I am in Ft. Lauderdale and hardly qualify as a Garrote expert. I have notes and play with the footwork, Bruno is very much a Martial Researcher who seeks out MANY arts. He did seminars at Uncle Bill's camp and Tom Kier noticed him. He knew Cliff Stewart from the old Bong Soo Han Hapkido days. He has trained Systema with Vladimir Vasiliev and Eskrima with many players. He also teaches a ton of Korean arts (old ones) and of course Raja Sterlak Silat. Shoot me an email and I will forward it. You will enjoy his company, he is an incredible man. Tom Furman powerfactor71839@aol.com
3/20/05 12:51 AM
Crafty Dog

Edited: 20-Mar-05 12:54 AM
Woof Tom: Thank you. In his opinion (and/or yours) is the Venezuelan thing distinctive from FMA and if so how? Woof, Crafty Dog PS: You have email.
3/24/05 9:06 PM
mustika

Edited: 24-Mar-05
Bruno presented three theories or more in a magazine article. I think it is a Venezuelan art with lots of Spanish fencing influence. Stick is lemonwood, 34". The footwork is on a cuadro. There are nine strikes and footwork to go with them. There are body displacement defensive maneuvers to go with each stroke as well. One guy swings, the other guy gets out the way. It is stick, machete, and hidden blade. The empty hand is incidental or accidental. Head butts, knees, elbows, osotogari, various standing armbar disarms, backhanded bitch slaps, palm heels, etc. The South American guys think that protective equipment is useless and prefer to fight without any. Bruno moved to Caracas at age 19 and is 62 now. He is a martial arts junkie who has traveled the world to train and share. He is a great instructor and friend. He would make a great guest instructor at a Gathering, trust me. Tom Furman
4/3/05 12:02 PM
Crafty Dog

Edited: 03-Apr-05
Woof Tom: Been real busy (kids with the cooties, then wife, then me, editing DVDs blah blah) and just surfed through here. Thanks for the info. Sounds like I should find a way to hook up with BC , , , The Adventure continues, Crafty Dog

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.