UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> Pride tickets outside Japan?

3/20/05 9:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
csw0101
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Mar-05

Hi all I will be in tokyo for Pride on Aug 28 but was wondering how hard it will be to get tickets. Will I still be able to buy tickets a week beforehand ie. would they all sell out? If not how do I go ahead buying tickets from outside of japan (I live in Australia?) Thanks Albert
3/21/05 3:23 AM
johnny54
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Mar-05
Hi Albert,My name is James and i am an aussie as well that is interested in going to Pride this year, i have been trying to find info on the net about Pride dates and ticket info but couldn't find any? So there is a Pride on august 28th?I was thinking of going around October,anyway hope that you get some replies on this thread as i would like to know as much as possible about pride dates,tickets,japan etc,goodluck James.
3/21/05 4:36 AM
JDee
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like I said Albert,..you'll be fine. I went to the PRIDE Heavyweight GP Opening Round last year and bought my ticket 13 days before the event (was the day I arrived). PRIDE's great for the spectacle (and to say you've been) but I much prefer SHOOTO and Pancrase shows. Line one of these up to include in ya trip. - Juggs
3/21/05 4:57 AM
JDee

Just had a look and that PRIDE you're lining up is the Middleweight GP Final Round. That might be tight squeeze getting a ticket but I'd say you'll get one. Also,..PANCRASE Neo Blood Tournament Final is on the night before it too at Korakuen Hall so GO see that too. - Juggs
3/21/05 6:05 AM
Jaje

Get your ticket when you arrive but make sure its ASAP. I was lucky enough to be a given a RS ticket to the NYE show... tickets were damn near impossible to find. Failing that get someone to check out a Japanese internet auction, or finder a scalper.
3/21/05 7:45 AM
aries78

There is a pretty intersting deal with kakuto.They can get the tickets for you. http://kakuto.com/static.php?op=japan-tours.txt&npds=1
3/21/05 5:48 PM
csw0101

Hey Juggs I thought you might see this thread - sorry didn't want to sound like I didn't listen to you but I'd feel better knowing I definitely had tickets before I headed over...especially it being the final and all. Yeah I saw the Pancrase show the night before - but we'll still be in Kyoto that night. We head to Tokyo the day of PRIDE. I actually emailed Pride to check about tickets and they said that you can't get them outside of Japan! Kakuto only puts together packages - tickets and accomodation and tour - not just tickets on their own. I find it wierd I can't buy tickets outside of Japan though. Anyone have any other suggestions? Albert
3/21/05 6:10 PM
JDee

Albert,..no harm mate. What time will you get back from Kyoto? Reason being cause you know PRIDE will start at about 4pm in the afternoon? - Juggs
3/21/05 9:02 PM
csw0101

Juggs I'm not sure - depends on when the bullet trains are running! Thanks for the tip - didn't realise it started so early. Will try and leave early morning to get to Tokyo by midday at least so we can dump our bags off then head off to Saitama arena. Albert
3/21/05 10:36 PM
SILK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you cant get the tickets from overseas, your next best bet is to have a friend you trust (and trusts you) in Japan that will buy the ticks for you and pass them on when you get here. If you can read Japanese, try the Yahoo auctions. They're always selling some tickets there. At the event itself there will always be some guys trying to sell tickets to passerbyes too.
3/23/05 1:42 AM
csw0101

Edited: 23-Mar-05
Hi Silk thanks - thought of that however don't know anyone over there at the moment! Pride have sent me the contact details of a travel agent in the US who do packages to Pride...might send them a mail and see how much they charge. Albert
3/23/05 2:14 AM
SILK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Mar-05 10:32 PM

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.