UnderGround Forums

Roy Harris >> March 2005 Update

3/23/05 2:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Mar-05

Late March 2005 Update What's goin' on y'all? How ya doing? Right now, I am sitting in my hotel room in Sweden. I just finished teaching the first night of seminars. I had a grand time teaching a group of forty-four (44) students from the Fighter Centre Stockholm. Here's an update for late March 2005: • Congratulations to Mr. Ernest Kwok and Mr. Truong-Giang John Le for passing their purple belt examination!!! • I'd like to say thanks to the following people for sending a postcard to my 8 year old friend in Colorado: Bjoern - Obertshausen, Germany Marcus - Obertshausen, Germany Andreas - Trondheim, Norway Damien - Galway, Ireland Shane - Galway, Ireland Russell - Brisbane, Australia Amelie - Shanghai, China Per - Trondheim, Norway Dean - Victoria, BC, Canada John - Tainan, Taiwan Seamus - Portland, Maine Örjan - Trondheim, Norway Brian - Calgary, AB, Canada Manny - Chicago, Illinois Adam - Lyndonville, Vermont Richard - Chula Vista, California Rupert - Brighton, England Daniel - Bern, Switzerland Jason - Victoria, BC, Canada Romy - Manila, Philippines Kevin - Oceanside, California Torqui - Manila, Philippines • Here are my up-coming seminars for the rest of the year: Tuesday, March 22 (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu): Stockholm, Sweden. Saturday and Sunday, March 26 and 27 (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu): Goteborg, Sweden. Sunday, April 3 (Half guard attacks): San Diego, California (Harris Academy, 1pm, $50). Sunday, April 10 (Stick, knife, gun disarms and counters): San Diego, California (Harris Academy, 1pm, $50). Saturday and Sunday, April 16 and 17 (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu): Erie, Pennsylvania. Late April weekend (Strength & Conditioning for BJJ): San Diego, California (Harris Academy, 1pm, $50). April 29 - May 1 (BJJ and MMA - Private training): Obertshausen, Germany. Sunday, May 22 (Self-defense workshop): San Diego, California (Harris Academy, 1pm, $50). Sunday, May 29 (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu): Calgary, AB, Canada. Saturday and Sunday, June 4 and 5 (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu): Rochester, New York. Saturday and Sunday, June 25 and 26 (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu): Galway and Dublin, Ireland. Monday - Friday, July 11-15 (Last Grappling Instructor's course): San Diego, California (Harris Academy, 9am, $500). Saturday, July 16 (Instructor Conference): Temecula, California. Monday - Friday, July 25-31 (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Camp): Poznan, Poland. Saturday and Sunday, August 13 and 14 (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu): Brighton, England. Sunday, August 28 (Functional Wrist and Finger locks): San Diego, California (Harris Academy, 1pm, $50). Saturday and Sunday, September 3 and 4 (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu): Jakarta, Indonesia. Saturday and Sunday, September 24 and 25 (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu): Victoria, BC, Canada. Saturday and Sunday, October ?? (Kalis Ilustrisimo): San Diego, California (Harris Academy, 12pm, $110). Saturday and Sunday, October ?? (Kalis Ilustrisimo): Middletown, CT. October ?? (JKD, Kalis Ilustrisimo and BJJ): Melbourne, Australia. Three days in November ?? (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu): Obertshausen, Germany. Saturday and Sunday, November ?? (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu): Calgary, AB, Canada. Saturday - Wednesday, December 10-14 (Associate Level Grappling Instructor Course): San Diego, California (Harris Academy). • Are you interested in selling Harris International Videos (NTSC & PAL), DVDs and CDs? If so, here are the wholesale prices: 30-49 $15 a piece 50-99 $12 a piece 100+ $9 a piece The minimum order is thirty (30) pieces. There is no maximum. If you are interested, please send me an e-mail at royharris@runbox.com. • The Harris Academy will be closed on the following dates: Monday, May 30, Memorial Day Monday, July 4, Independence Day Monday, September 5, Labor Day Thursday, November 24, Thanksgiving Day December 2 through January 8, 2006 • Check out the New "Pretend You're Mr. Harris" Forum on RoyHarris.com. Participate in the first project and let me know your thoughts. • As of April 1st, all private lessons will now be 30 minutes in length. As a result of increasing demand on my time, and because privates place a high demand on my body, I am going to focus on teaching 30 minute private lessons. The cost will be $50 an hour. However, if a student is dead set of training one hour at a time, the cost will be $150 an hour. • Harris Academy JKD Students - Prepare for more rope fighting. We have gone over some of the basics (Deflections, Pushes, Strikes, Entanglements, and Finishes). Next week, we will go farther with this topic. We will do some advanced work with chokes, takedowns and throws! • July is approaching quickly. If you have any plans on becoming a part of the Harris International Grappling Association, this will be your last chance to attend the public courses. Get your applications, letters of recommendation and deposit in to me by early June. Take the instructor's course in mid-July and become a part of a cutting edge, progressive grappling association. • Congratulations to Mr. Joakim Lundgren of Stockholm, Sweden. He was promoted to purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu tonight! • I've got some new tapes available at Harris International: BJJ Der Anfang NTSC Video BJJ Der Anfang PAL Video MN Kali Group BJJ Seminar NTSC Video These tapes have not been put up on the website yet. However, they are available for ordering. Just send a check for $22, which includes shipping and handling in the US, to Harris International, 8250 Camino Santa Fe, Suite J. San Diego, CA 92121. For all other countries outside the continental US, the cost is $25, which includes shipping and handling. Tell me which of the new tapes you want sent to you and I will do it. • Once I return from Sweden, I will begin taking photos to update the techniques section on my website. I hope to add 20 new techniques during the month of April. Continued..... Roy Harris
3/23/05 2:53 AM
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Part two: • I have just been cleared by Manong Romy Macapagal and Manong Tony Diego to begin the process of forming a Kalis Ilustrisimo Training Association here in the US. Manong Romy is going to help me establish and strengthen the association when he returns to the US this summer. Both Manongs Romy and Tony want to ensure that students are receiving Original Ilustrisimo training as they present it and as Antonio "Tatang" Ilustrisimo presented it to them. I will have more details for you in a month. • I am almost finished writing a new article entitled, "Size and Strength: Part One." In this article, I will shed some much needed light on the old saying, "Size and strength don't matter." • I am still working on two new instructionals: "BJJ over 40" and "The Feet and Knees BJJ Seminar." Both of these projects will be completed on DVD by early May. I will let you know more as I get closer to finishing them. Well, that about wraps things up. Good training to all of you, Roy Harris royharris@runbox.com
3/23/05 12:45 PM
beauregard
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you for the update Mr. Harris. Seamus
3/25/05 7:58 PM
socal
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Mar-05
bjj over 40 Im ready for that one!
3/26/05 1:24 PM
m.g
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Mar-05
Roy, Hopefully you wrong get mad at me for point this out but something in this doesn't make sense. You say: "As of April 1st, all private lessons will now be 30 minutes in length. As a result of increasing demand on my time, and because privates place a high demand on my body, I am going to focus on teaching 30 minute private lessons. The cost will be $50 an hour. However, if a student is dead set of training one hour at a time, the cost will be $150 an hour." The last portion doesn't make sense. You say the cost of a private lesson will be $50 an hour, then you say if a person who is dead set on training one hour will be charged $150. You have two conflicting prices for the same amount of time. I "think", I could be wrong, that you mean to say that the cost of private lesson will be $50 and it will be a 30 minute session. And those who insist on an hour long private lesson will be charged $150. Correct?
3/26/05 6:58 PM
Roy Harris

m.g., I am really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really mad at you for pointing this out ! ) j/k No worries. I was half asleep when I wrote it, so I am sure there are other mistakes. You are correct in your assumptions. $50 for thirty minutes of instruction. $150 for those who insist on one hour. Thank you for calling it to my attention. Roy Harris P.S. I've just hired a proofreader and editor. I am excited about this endeavor as she will begin going through my web site and correcting my thousands of grammar errors. She will also be helping me with writing and editing my book!
3/26/05 10:47 PM
twinkletoesCT
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Modern Self-Defense Center
"writing and editing my book!" OOooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! :-) I'd be glad to aid in the proofreading...free of charge! :-) ~Chris, aka the Grammar, Syntax, and Punctuation Nut
3/28/05 7:28 PM
Worth

Edited: 28-Mar-05
I took this as a lesson could be $50 hour with a 30 minute length. End cost, is $25 for the 1/2 hour which is $50/hour. $50 for a 1/2 hour lesson is $100/hour.
4/13/05 3:25 PM
judo-bjj-dvd.com

Edited: 13-Apr-05
judo-bjj-dvd.com
you have mail...jt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.