UnderGround Forums

PhilosophyGround >> Jeff Monson, Nazi-lover?

3/24/05 10:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
telefuel
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Mar-05

Hey guys, I was just perusing some of the clips at onthemat.com today and I came across one with Jeff Monson. It was basically an interview with him in which he espoused his political beliefs. I've seen him grapple before and he's obviously very good; unfortunately there's no residual carry-over into his analytical thinking abilities. As the guy from "onthemat" was interviewing him, Monson showed that he was not only humorless, but also dangerously close to being a near-disciple of Adolph Hitler. Admittedly, I only watched half the video because I found myself becoming sick the more he "elaborated" on his political and economic views. I put "elaborated" in quotes because Monson never really got beyond the regurgitation of Neo-Nazi talking points he'd memorized. Y'know, stuff like "We're just the cogs in the machine," "I'm against capitalism because it exploits everyone," and let's not forget "children work in sweatshops for Nike." I just have to laugh when those who suck off the teet of capitalism feel "superior" when they're outraged by it and giving the rest of us poor, uninformed schlubs "the facts." Hmm, wonder where those Nike shoes you're wearing come from, Jeff? Hey Jeff, driven a car lately? Wonder where the steel was mined to make it and by whom? And what does that car run on, Jeff? Couldn't be oil from the Middle East or Venezuela, could it? What's that? You ride a bicycle? Oh, wonder where the rubber for its tires came from, my friend? No facts, no figures, simply a seething hatred for America, Americans and our capitalistic system. I couldn't believe it when he literally said that he "hated capitalism" and that America was only rich because it had "exploited the rest of the countries in the world." Oh, throw in the "corporations are part of the big-government conspiracy against the people (Twilight Zone music)" and you've got yourself one rather uninformed, unintelligent, ignorant cro-magnon of a human being. Sure, America is guilty of its particular sins just as all countries, all cultures, all races, all men, all women, all nationalities, all religions are...but to listen to this self-confessed Anarchical moron, it's all America's fault. Sheesh, I'm so tired of hearing this crap. As I said, I could only watch half of his interview due to my extreme sickness at his anti-Americanism (and make no mistake about it, I'm not talking about the stereotypical Bush-bashing, Christian-hating liberal left point of view. I'm talking about hating ALL AMERICANS and people who believe that if you work hard, you can actually achieve your desired goals in life!!!), but I wouldn't be surprised if he added in there somewhere that the economy, the entertainment industry and yes, even our very thoughts were being controlled by the "Jew Propaganda Machine" and that Hitler had the right idea in putting six million of them into ovens. This guy is awful. So should I get worked up over this dummy or not? That's the long-winded point I was getting around to.
3/24/05 10:32 PM
telefuel

Edited: 24-Mar-05 10:35 PM
Hey guys, I was just perusing some of the clips at onthemat.com today and I came across one with Jeff Monson. It was basically an interview with him in which he espoused his political beliefs. I've seen him grapple before and he's obviously very good; unfortunately there's no residual carry-over into his analytical thinking abilities. As the guy from "onthemat" was interviewing him, Monson showed that he was not only humorless, but also dangerously close to being a near-disciple of Adolph Hitler. Admittedly, I only watched half the video because I found myself becoming sick the more he "elaborated" on his political and economic views. I put "elaborated" in quotes because Monson never really got beyond the regurgitation of Neo-Nazi talking points he'd memorized. Y'know, stuff like "We're just the cogs in the machine," "I'm against capitalism because it exploits everyone," and let's not forget "children work in sweatshops for Nike." I just have to laugh when those who suck off the teet of capitalism feel "superior" when they're outraged by it and giving the rest of us poor, uninformed schlubs "the facts." Hmm, wonder where those Nike shoes you're wearing come from, Jeff? Hey Jeff, driven a car lately? Wonder where the steel was mined to make it and by whom? And what does that car run on, Jeff? Couldn't be oil from the Middle East or Venezuela, could it? What's that? You ride a bicycle? Oh, wonder where the rubber for its tires came from, my friend? No facts, no figures, simply a seething hatred for America, Americans and our capitalistic system. I couldn't believe it when he literally said that he "hated capitalism" and that America was only rich because it had "exploited the rest of the countries in the world." Oh, throw in the "corporations are part of the big-government conspiracy against the people (Twilight Zone music)" and you've got yourself one rather uninformed, unintelligent, ignorant cro-magnon of a human being. Sure, America is guilty of its particular sins just as all countries, all cultures, all races, all men, all women, all nationalities, all religions are...but to listen to this self-confessed Anarchical moron, it's all America's fault. Sheesh, I'm so tired of hearing this crap. As I said, I could only watch half of his interview due to my extreme sickness at his anti-Americanism (and make no mistake about it, I'm not talking about the stereotypical Bush-bashing, Christian-hating liberal left point of view. I'm talking about hating ALL AMERICANS and people who believe that if you work hard, you can actually achieve your desired goals in life!!!), but I wouldn't be surprised if he added in there somewhere that the economy, the entertainment industry and yes, even our very thoughts were being controlled by the "Jew Propaganda Machine" and that Hitler had the right idea in putting six million of them into ovens. This guy is awful. So should I get worked up over this dummy or not? That's the long-winded point I was getting around to.
3/24/05 10:40 PM
barnoneguerra

I agree with HP! If Monson liked Kunta Kinte its on him man. If I like Xoquin Morieta or Pancho Villa so be it. The 2 names above were notorious mexican warriors who shed the blood of many men and just cause I like them doesnt mean im a bad person. It just shows what I like. Just cause I like it doesnt mean the next person has to.
3/24/05 10:40 PM
telefuel

You misunderstand, Punk. Obviously your reading comprehension is about on the same par as Monson's. My question was "should I get worked up about it?" Hey, this is a "free" country and Monson is entitled to his right to speak his opinion freely. In fact, I'd fight for his right and I even want him to speak it clearly and often. Then we can identify the morons like him (and yourself) who hold the same opinion and ignore them. Hey, have a great day my friend!
3/24/05 10:43 PM
telefuel

i agree with you, barnon. If you liked communists, murderers and pedophiles, it IS on you, "man." You're entitled to like them and the next person certainly doesn't have to. It simply reflects on what kind of people you choose to idolize.
3/24/05 10:47 PM
PiusXII

If Der Monson will launch his genocide anytime soon, hopefully he'll start from KKMs...
3/24/05 10:51 PM
stickman
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is the URL for this interview?
3/24/05 10:56 PM
barnoneguerra

The people I like doesnt mean I idolize them I just respect what they did. They were warriors wiling to go all the way. Mosnon on the other end is a very talented fighter who I as a mexican american happen to respect his skills as well. Have a nice day guys. Adam
3/24/05 11:02 PM
LoboThaGod

anyone who hates america is not cool by me.
3/24/05 11:05 PM
MMAKing

Joy Divison only a loser would say something like that!
3/24/05 11:08 PM
UltraViolentRay
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should rethink the Nazi thing. Anarchy and fascism aren't identical. However, you sound more like a Nazi for wanting him to shut up and toe your conservative, Bush ball-licking line.
3/24/05 11:09 PM
vili

you're an idiot, from the quotes you pasted he sounds like a commie :P nazi/neo-nazi would make him a suporter of "aryan" race anyways, you accuse people wrongly you fascist!
3/24/05 11:10 PM
vili

you're an idiot, from the quotes you pasted he sounds like a commie :P nazi/neo-nazi would make him a suporter of "aryan" race anyways, you accuse people wrongly you fascist!
3/24/05 11:15 PM
Carlão
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

telefuel, Ok I'll bite.

You must be pretty ignorant to not be able to tell the difference between Nazi and Communism.  Jeff beef is with the goverment and the way "he" thinks the goverment adn major corporations work to make econamical and political gain.  Now, yes you are wrong for getting all worked up for getting so bent out of shape, just 'cause Jeff Monson has a different political view than you. 

Not only that you try to make fun of 2 other forum members.  Do I agree with Jeff's views, NO.  Do I think he is wrong for voicing his opinion FUCK NO.  But you need to cool a bit about it.  You can post adn have an educated and "RESPECTABLE" argument with him and everyone else in this forum.

Besides we need to move this thread to the right forum group. It has nothing to do with MMA.

3/24/05 11:18 PM
BenStark
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know jeff pretty well, i train with him and saw him on a daily basis before he moved to seatle to open his gym, and as a man that knows him and is a jew ontop of it Jeff being a nazi is bullshit. He might not be fond of capitalism but he is not one to really impress his feelings on others, if you ask him about it he will tell you other wise he keeps his opinion to himself. Jeff is a good guy, do not try to tarnish his name with your rediculous banter.
3/24/05 11:18 PM
the fisherman
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm just curious........how does pointing out: - "children work in sweatshops for Nike." - "We're just the cogs in the machine." - He hates capitalism. - "America was only rich because it had exploited the rest of the countries in the world." .........make the guy a Neo-Nazi??? Did he slander, or stereo-type any racial group? Did he promote hatred towards anyone except his OWN governmet which apperantly he feels is corrupt? I'm just curious because other than disliking the way America conducts itself........I don't see anything you quoted from him that could insight such a rant. .........Jeff Monson might not know alot about economics, or the fact that if trade were not beneficial to both parties then it wouldn't happen.........but, this ineptitude towards understanding capitalism doesn't make him a Neo-Nazi. Nor does his dislike for the direction the current government in America has chosen make him a Neo-Nazi. .......on the other hand, your desire to insight anger by using inflamitory jargon such as calling the guy a Noe-Nazi for not liking the way things are done.......or maybe more specifically: for not sharing your veiws.........seems a little more worry-some.
3/24/05 11:27 PM
EthanBoyle
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Mar-05 11:30 PM
Ditto what Josh77 and vili said. Who really cares, and no, you should not get all worked up unless you really think you are saving the World. Why don't you just challenge him to a fight while you are at it to help him understand the errors of his ways. I could care less if he tattooed a Swasticka (sp) or Hammer and Sickle on his forehead, big whopp-dee-doo. This is a fighters forum, not the Let's-check-your-political-correctness-to-see-if-you-are-cool-enough-to-be-a-fighter-forum. Anyway, this must be a good example as to why I was always told not to bring up politics or relegion in causal conversation.
3/24/05 11:33 PM
jahjahjahjah

good attempt at brilliance - the nazi poster calling somebody else one, etc. - but that kind of strategy is pretty overrated, and already outworn, especially here on this board, IMO.
3/25/05 4:59 AM
Wildcard
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Mar-05
Seriously, Lets drop the entire Nazi thing, because there were all sort of other horrible social issues. However, the economic/political system they had was a fascism. All that really means is a crony capitalism government, with tightly intertwined government and corporate interests. To most people fascism is just a generic term for 'other bad governments', much like heathen used to be for 'other bad people'. If you look at it seriously though, our current government, especially under Bush is relatively close to a non-judgemental definition of facist. The tight ties between Bush's adminitrative team and major corporations, the huge donations given to the Republican party in return for kickbacks such as the recent crippling of bankruptcy, no-bid reconstruction contracts, arctic drilling, etc, are all perfect examples of an increasingly tight knight crony business/government structure. Even pre-emptive wars to secure control over major resources and further feed the inter-related businesses is something seen back in WWII There actually can be some benefits to this structure in the short term, and I supported the invasion of Iraq (though truthfully based on the heavily edited and manipulated information released by the administration). However, it is the blatant shift of the neo-cons to a classic fascism, while exploiting religion Americans, and essentially fooling the working class into voting against their own interests that bothers me. And hey, I am an avid capitalist, believe in small government, minimal regulation of industries. I do think we should try and create a generally even playing field through well funded basic society infrastructure including education, health care, transportation and communications. Other than that, the government can stay out of things. Alas, that is exactly what isn't happening as the government is changing the law to give corporations every advantage over actual citizens.
3/25/05 12:11 PM
Carlão
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well said Wildcard!!!
3/25/05 11:58 PM
FudoMyoo

I wonder who put this thread here on Philosophyground?
3/26/05 3:56 PM
BushHog
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Mar-05
If your looking for "bad" people you have to look no further than our own Goverment...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.