UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Working FT while going to school?

3/26/05 11:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yojimbo71
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Mar-05

Anyone else working full time while attending school? I have to attend night school in order to return to school and I feel like I am missing out because I can't put all my energy into my academics. I currently work 50 hours a week as a technical trainer M-F and sometimes Saturdays during the day. I am going to go back to sales within my company while I return to school, so I can make money and work less hours.
3/26/05 9:04 PM
jgibson

It all depends on what you are studying. Working full-time (40 + hours) while working on a business or liberal arts degree...doable. Working full-time while studying the physical sciences or engineering...impossible in less than 5 years. Unless you are a genius, of course.
3/26/05 10:59 PM
yojimbo71

I agree, I worked full time while getting my undergrad in Communication. I wrote a lot of papers and did a lot of research but I could work it around with my job. I am considering a Master's program right now.
5/2/05 11:56 PM
fanat

Edited: 02-May-05
I'm working full time - 40-50 hours and going to school for my MBA part time. It's pretty tough to balance everything and something is going to suffer. In my case, i haven't had that much time to train or go to gym.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.