UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Controlling the blade

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jim Keenan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

Tony, Re-watching the Controlling the blade video raised a question for me. You use the Mnemonic 3C's, Clear the weapon from your body, Control the weapon & Counterattack. I have been taucht the Mnemonic REACT; RE-direct the weapon, Attack, Control the weapon & Take the weapon away. This may be an issue of semantics but I just want to clear the issue in my mind. Watching your demos it seems to me that your control methods, (Grip From Hell, Elasticity Principle, etc.) could easily be construed as part of the attack rather than simply the prelude to it due to there effect upon the attackers mental state by way of a pattern interrupt. Cont'd
Jim Keenan

It also seems to me that the control and attack are so contiguous that they are one and the same. Am I right in thinking that, or am I hung up on a semantics issue? Jim
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
You are hung up on semantics [not to be confused with the popular 'Hooked on Phonics], but you are right! All my stuff enmeshes and anything that is an entity unto itself should not be in a warrior's toolbox. When I see you remind me to demo some stuff on this, because I believe there is an accident waiting to happen with the sequencing in the REACT model. I believe that confidence in countering is linked to the control of the armed limb. And controlling that linb further messes with the bad-guy's confidence. Would you slap a gun aside then palm the guy then grab the gun? Or would it be safer to slap the gun, secure the gun and then CWCT the creep? Key component is in understanding the Psychology of the dirt-bag and his relationship to the weapon [which is covered in my tape]. Hope this helped. Tony
Jim Keenan

Thanks Tony. Your point on the opponents attitude to their weapon is well taken. Jim

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.