UnderGround Forums

Roy Harris >> kimura followups?

3/30/05 2:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
demandango
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Mar-05

a question for you roy... if i am attempting a kimura on my opponents left arm from my closed guard... how do you recommend following up a kimura attempt when as i sit up he hops over my guard by placing his right hand on my left knee or ankle and hopping to his right BEFORE i can grab my right wrist with my left hand? i know that if i can get the grip i can simply lay on my back and finish with the usual hip movement. i had some other questions but i think i may have answered them myself.
4/1/05 4:30 AM
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Apr-05
Don't let him hop over your leg. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Now, I know some might be thinking, "Well of course, but how do I do that?" Simple, by lifting your left leg up and into the air and keeping it under his armpit. Roy Harris
4/1/05 4:59 AM
demandango

interesting... i don't see how i can do that when his hand is pushing my leg down... if he gets that hand in position first should i then switch to another technique...? thanks for your time.
4/1/05 12:48 PM
Roy Harris

demandango, Why let him put his hand their first? Can't you think of lifting your leg (and doing it) faster than he can respond to your leg moving upward? Why wait for him? Why not seize an opportunity (since you already know what the common response is)? The key here is timing and awareness, not technique. Does that make sense? Roy Harris
4/1/05 3:20 PM
demandango

thanks roy

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.