UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> SPEAR Instructor Course, Las Vegas

4/9/05 10:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Apr-05

I just spent a week in Las Vegas at a SPEAR Instructor Development course (March 21-26). WOW! 40 hours of Coach Blauer is intense. It was cool to see the LEO’s and soldiers go from day one to day five. The transformation in their confidence in the system was inspirational. On about the third day there was an incident in the parking lot right after training. The Las Vegas Metro Police Officers who dealt with the situation were able to put the training to use instantly. How many systems teach concepts and tools that can literally be used when you walk out the door? In my experience, not many; but because the SPEAR System is based on physiology and human behavior, the information is almost instantly assimilated. If you ever have the opportunity to attend a SPEAR Instructor Development course, do whatever it takes to get there! Thank you Coach for the invitation, the training, and your hospitality. With Safety In Mind, Rob Gebhart, PDR Team
4/17/05 12:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
taroson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Apr-05
I also had the honor of being at the S.P.E.A.R. Instructor Course. It was just as awesome as Rob stated. One of the things that really blew me away was the rational, unbiased approach of the instructors in attendance. I over heard one of them inform his training partner that he was going to change some of the things he had taught for 20 years because he knew the S.P.E.A.R. was better than what he was doing. Talk about integrity. His only concern was finding and teaching the best system he could find, period. His concern for the men he is teaching was more important than tradition, or being right. He is truly a serious warrior! Awesome! I am always educated, inspired, entertained at TCMS seminar or training session and this was no exception. The S.P.E.A.R. Course is designed to educate and motivate. The theoretical is then applied physically in static and then dynamic fashion. The class is organized so that you learn it, then do it and finally teach it. All evolutions are practiced from off balance to point of athletic dominance. Nearly all the cornerstones of BTCMS curriculum are covered including use of NVP?s, Emotional Climate training, S.P.E.A.R. System theory, S.P.E.A.R. Dry-Fire and Strengthening Drills, F.E.A.R. management concepts through the Cycle Of Behavior, the A.-S.A.P. model, The Diffused Vision Drill, The Close Quarter Combat Stance, Primary Initiation attacks, Slapping S.P.E.A.R and more. The break down of how to watch a dashboard video and the article about Presumed Compliance were worth the price of admission all by themselves. Tony also briefly demoed some of the S.P.E.A.R applications for a gunfight and even provided some thought provoking ideas for the LEO?s with regards to approaching a stopped vehicle. I would encourage trainers in law enforcement and military to give the S.P.E.A.R. System a try. It is based on what you already do with prior to training and will serve as a bridge to get to whatever training you have by helping you survive the ambush. Remember that the S.P.EA.R. is also a bridge to any weapons you may carry. The approach and training are seamless for armed or unarmed. It?s amazing. Thanks Tony for inviting me to course. It was truly an incredible experience. Take Care, Mike Suyematsu

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.