UnderGround Forums

PhilosophyGround >> How is Christianity even possible?

8/14/11 11:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Perturbation
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrMichaelz - 
I have offered SEVERAL reasons why I think christianity is false/not real etc. etc. Your cherry picking your argument.. you brought up science first not me. The absence of evidence does not equate something does not exist.. sure... as I stated before the bible does a fine job disproving itself.. therefore I conclude that Science offers a better explanation of how the natural world exist, it may be incomplete at this point in time, I will accept that theory, not the one written in the bible. I will also reiterate that my personal experience with christianity makes it obsolete and is another reason why I don't believe.
If you want to cherry pick "no evidence = not real" that's your prerogative your chasing your own tail. I never made it sound so simple because I don't think it is that simple.

Don't try and back out out now. I can requote if you like. He is what you said on the last page:

In my opinion Christianity and the other Judaic religions are wrong because there is no real evidence that backs up all of their claims.

That is pants-on-head retarded logic. I don't care if you have 1000 other reasons...saying that something isn't wrong simply because there is no evidence for it, is logically invalid.

If your an atheist then you explain to me why there is no god/creator. Just a simple explanation.

I don't know that their isn't one, so you'll get no explanation from me.
8/14/11 12:09 PM
MrMichaelz

Your not even an atheist... just as I suspected you have no idea what you are talking about. your style of arguing accomplishes nothing.. all you want to do is nit pick what I say.. but there is no back bone to what you offer. You distort my words to however you like. Claiming whatever I say is "retarded" (very classy by the way) doesn't mean anything, it just tells me your overhead.

LOL @ you.. fool

"I don't know that their isn't one, so you'll get no explanation from me." spine-less 100% pure idiot.

8/14/11 12:25 PM
Perturbation

MrMichaelz - Your not even an atheist...

Yes, I am.

just as I suspected you have no idea what you are talking about.

I have no idea what you are talking about...

your style of arguing accomplishes nothing.. all you want to do is nit pick what I say.. but there is no back bone to what you offer.

Absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence. You still haven't offered any sort of rebuttal, so I can only assume you are admitting you are wrong. Quit changing topics.

You distort my words to however you like.

A direct quote from you (and completely in context) is distorting words?

Claiming whatever I say is "retarded" (very classy by the way) doesn't mean anything, it just tells me your overhead.

Did I offend your vagina?

LOL @ you.. fool

"I don't know that their isn't one, so you'll get no explanation from me." spine-less 100% pure idiot.

You: There is no evidence for Christianity. Christianity doesn't exist.

Me: That is called an argument from ignorance. Here is a link. Read up on it. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

You: Science rulez!!!

Me: Ok...I never said it didn't. Stay on topic.

You: lol christians r so dumb why don't you prove jesus to me dummy dum dum

Me: Ummm...because I'm not a christian. Your argument was just stupid. I'm an atheist.

You: Then prove there is no God!

Me: No. I can't. Also, it is irrelevent to my point.

You: I win I win I win I win!!!

Debating you is like playing Chess with a pidgeon. You show up, shit all over the board, and then fly away thinking that you won.
8/14/11 12:27 PM
Perturbation

Btw, you are the person people point to when they call atheism a religion.

You are so entrenched in your faith, that you can't even concede that one of your obviously fallacious statements, is fallacious.
8/16/11 11:09 PM
Atecexa

Religion:system of beliefs

Atheism:Belief that there is no spritual entity.

Sounds like a religion to me
8/16/11 11:24 PM
Perturbation

Atecexa - Religion:system of beliefs

Atheism:Belief that there is no spritual entity.

Sounds like a religion to me

That's because your definition of atheism is wrong.
10/9/11 5:27 PM
PimpLimp
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ruthlesstoothles - bgyuk.... I've read the bible, multiple translations. God is simple enough in the bible, especially in the first testimate. he's a racist, blood thirsty, money mongering, geonocidal maniac in the first testimate. it's also very clear in that book that Jahova, or Yahweh, is the God of the Jews. why everyone else on the planet thinks this God cares about them is rediculous. READ THE BIBLE!!!

I gotta call BS on the guy who can't even identify or spell correctly 'Old Testament'.
12/2/11 4:21 AM
neongreenlights
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, this is a very entertaining thread!

It's amazing how many people feel they're 100% correct
2/25/12 7:16 PM
Dan O'Connell
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

later
9/8/12 3:56 PM
hiptosser

Iron age Herews adopted a Hitite war god, some time later this God had a Son. Cool Story
9/8/12 4:06 PM
hiptosser

EVILYOSHIDA - because if people ditch it.. westerners would have no culture to fall back on. it's really the core of western culture.

That is not entirely true.
Western culture has a pagan history that Rome slapped on top of a Jewish messianic movement that did not resemble what we think of as Christianity.

Wetsren culture could drop Jesus and retuen the Greek ideal.

The Germans actively tried to eliminate Christianity from Germanic culture. They had a very deep culture counter to the Christian tradition that fit into their neo/pagan desings, they were physically eliminating Christianity.
9/8/12 4:21 PM
hiptosser

the tomas - 'If you're not a Jew, God doesn't like you (according to the bible that is).' Incorrect. 'Love is the answer.' DonnaTroy has been inspired by the correct. Pratityasamutpada or the interconnectedness that exists especially with the redemptive, saving, power or love is a strong theme in human literature/mythology/religion. Alchemical transformation and redemption are strong themes as well.

Jews of the same period that the character of Jesus was said to be of did infact feel that God did not love any one but some Jews.

A messainic movement at Qumram was happpening to the same time as the Jesus fairy tale was supposed to be happening.

The Qumran community was led not by an anoited Christ but a
Teacher of Righteousness. This cat taught that all Gentiles and wicked Jews should be killed or put into bondage. The righteous must make war in order to do this. The WAR scroll-of the dead sea scrolls explains this.

The real question of this thread should be how did what we see as Christianity develop into what it is today. If not for a hole host of factors Christianity could have been short lived cult of zealots at Qumran.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.