UnderGround Forums

Utah Underground >> Last Night's UCE?

4/18/05 11:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Scott Spain
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Apr-05 12:22 PM

Last night I watched UCE's infomercial being used to pimp the April E-Center finals. I probably shouldn't have. I probably learned way too much about what happened along the way than I should have. Anyone know if they're still going to show the entire round? I assume so, but I'm a little nervous, since they've already told us who's in the finals.
4/18/05 12:00 PM
DJColdfusion
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Apr-05
They'll show the whole round. There are typically five regular episodes per round. Then they have a semi-finals show, still held at the club, and a finals show that has found its home at the ECenter. So, seven shows per round. However, then they have a few weeks between rounds when they don't have any new material so they have shows like last nights finals pre-view show and the ever popular "best of" shows. Hope that helps.
4/18/05 12:38 PM
Scott Spain
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Apr-05
Thanks for the info, DJ. I was a little worried that they might change it up. I think I remember seeing these pre-finals infomercials before, but this is the first time I remember seeing them do it before that round, and actually giving away results.
4/19/05 2:58 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 19-Apr-05
I have a breakdown of the episodes so far this round (14), except for the April 2nd show and last weeks. I was at the BJJ PanAms for the April 2nd show and I just haven't posted last weeks yet. If you're interested check them out at: http://www.maximumg.com/ The Round 14, Episode 5 show was one of the best ever. The Northern Connection guys (Danny Sanchez and Dave Carter) brought six guys to the show and won five of the six matches. One kid knocked his opponent out with a Capoeira kick . . . I have never, ever seen something like that. Read about it here: http://www.maximumg.com/index.cfm?pageID=273 And set the TIVO for when that show airs.
4/24/05 5:10 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 24-Apr-05
Here's the results for the finals: BEST UCE EVER! Steven Siler VS Samuel Hewitt -- Siler by Split Decision Donnie Raines VS Jerry Reed -- Raines by armbar 2nd round Trevor Osborne VS Travis Fraughton -- Osborne by RNC 2nd round Grayson Greener VS Tyler Rucker -- Tucker by RNC 2nd round Sharidy Isaacs VS Ana Allen -- Sharidy by TKO 2nd Eli Bice VS Marc Balcer -- Bice by TKO 1st round Balcer injured Dennis Dagloria VS Todd Nay -- by TKO Round 1 Brandon Kiser VS Oliver Bradstreet -- Kiser by Triangle Round 3 Scott Speakman VS Rogelio Batta -- Speakman by Armbar Round 1 Travis Paxton VS Tom Rainey -- Paxton by Referee stoppage strikes Round 1 Harold Lucambio VS Jason Lee -- Lucambio KO Round 2 (:15 seconds) Steve Sharp VS Blase' Soares -- Sharp by Ref stoppage (cut) round 1 Jake Paul VS Blas Avena -- Avina by choke 2:59.7 of Round 1 (yes, that's .7) Lima Pule VS Justin Shufford -- Pule by TKO (Shufford injured his ribs)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.