UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> Just Bought 2 Lacie 1.6TByte Drive

4/19/05 3:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lynn@Renzos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Apr-05

I guess the editing has officially begun on the boxing documentary. Today, I went by the investors office and picked up my requested two 1.6 Terrabyte Lacie d2 Extreme Bigger disc drives. These things are smokin' fast on the transfer and are super cool looking. I have like 5 Terrabytes of memory total now sitting on my desk! Feel the power baby!
4/19/05 7:49 PM
SatanJR

lol. I am up to a measly 2tb.
4/19/05 7:54 PM
Lynn@Renzos

That's still a ton of memory. I was psyched today when I went in to the meeting to talk about deadlines for certain parts of the project and festival dates when I looked across the conference table and those two babies were sitting there. I requisitioned them a couple of weeks ago and now they are in my editing studio about to be filled with footage.
4/19/05 9:28 PM
SatanJR

how did you get investors?
4/20/05 8:32 AM
Lynn@Renzos

Edited: 20-Apr-05
SatanJR....We were pretty fortunate on this one. We had begun filming the documentary and about a couple of months into it we approached a firm that is involved with films on a big end and showed them a short cut of some raw footage that we had been gathering. It was some amazing stuff. They deal with a ton of films and said that this was the best that had through to them all year. They wanted to get behind it and funded the whole project. It has definitely made the process of producing this documentary much easier when you don't have to worry about travel expeneses or anything else. I already owned all of my own camera/sound/light equipment as well as all of my own editing equipment including decks etc. so this coupled with backers has made the process a smooth one. Once you see the final product, I think you will understand how we were able to get funding for it. This film is jam packed with everyone on all levels of the sport and the story is amazing!
4/20/05 11:56 AM
SatanJR

wow. sounds really cool. when/how will I be able to check it out?
4/20/05 12:00 PM
Lynn@Renzos

Well, we are wrapping up the last few interviews by April 30th. I am sitting here in the editing process now. It will be completed by the end of the summer. April 15 is the Berlin Festival deadline and I want to make that as well as the September Sundance deadline. Fingers are crossed now for completing the editing as well as making it into these festivals. That's our first goal, we will be talking with people later regarding aquisition of the documentary.
4/21/05 11:01 PM
Lynn@Renzos

Edited: 21-Apr-05
After looking at these things for awhile, I decided not to daisy chain them together and put in a Lacie Firewire 800 PCI card today and now have them plugged into the computer independently. I'm looking at over 4 Terabytes of storage on my shelf, excluding what I have in the machine. Now that is storage baby!!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.