AAF import/export
System-wide media management
Project references in rendered files
VST plug-in effect support
AV sync detect and repair
Tape-style audio scrubbing
Broadcast WAV format support
60i to 24p conversions
60i to 24p conversions sounds interesting, the SDI interface is going to make Vegas a true professional level tool. And finally PROJECT NESTING! Awesome.
4/20/05 8:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lynn@Renzos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Apr-05
That sounds great! FCP 5 is coming out next month as well. I can't wait for the upgrade. I'm going to kick it up to FCP 5, DVD Studio Pro 4, Motion 2 and Soundtrack Pro.
4/29/05 5:50 PM
Kona Silat
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Apr-05
what is 60i?
4/30/05 12:38 AM
Lynn@Renzos

Edited: 30-Apr-05
SatanJR...Vegas didn't have project nesting before? The upgrades sound huge for Vegas users! Congrats to you on your new tools!
4/30/05 1:09 PM
SatanJR

hey, whats the deal with FCP's bullet point of "Multi Track Editing"? I have been doing 7-8 camera edits in vegas since version 3, but there has never been a limit on how many angles/cameras you could use. Could you not do this in previous versions of FCP? 60i = normal video (29.97 frames per second that are actually 60 interlaced fields per second) film is 24 prgressive frames per second.
4/30/05 1:39 PM
Lynn@Renzos

Were you mixing live between those cameras like a switcher?
4/30/05 3:07 PM
SatanJR

no, like I would have 4-5 cameras filming a band, then capture the video from each camera, sync them all up on a timeline and cut the video. Similar to "live" switch but not capturing and switching live. I don't know how you would hook up more than one camera at a time to do something like that without actually having some kind of hardware switch.
4/30/05 6:37 PM
Lynn@Renzos

Well that's pretty standard. FCP HD gives you 99 tracks for video already. The new version FCP 5 has true mulit-cam editing meaning: Multicam Editing: "Simultaneously view and cut from multiple sources in real time, thanks to new multicam editing for DV, SD and HD. Group up to 128 sources together into multi-clips, then add or subtract cameras at any time for maximum flexibility. Switch from shot to shot, with or without effects, and auto-assemble sequences based on time-of-day timecode." You are seeing all clips on screen simultaneously. It is pretty amazing actually. What you are talking about doing is basically just NLE editing with multiple master clips and syncing various shots together with the audio. The expands far beyond that. Here's a bit more: Real-time Multicam Editing Final Cut Pro 5 introduces real-time multicamera editing tools for DV, SD and HD. This powerful feature lets you simultaneously play back and view shots from multiple sources and cut between them in real time. Multiclips — a new type of clip that allows you to group together multiple sources as separate angles and cut between them — give you up to 128 angles, of which 16 can be played back at a time. An intuitive synchronization window provides graphical feedback to show where clips overlap so you can accurately create Multiclips. Add, delete or change the order of angles in a Multiclip at any time. The Multiclip Viewer displays and plays back Multiclips in 1-, 4-, 9- and 16-up layouts. Timecode, clip name and angle number information can also be displayed over each angle.
4/30/05 9:16 PM
SatanJR

Edited: 30-Apr-05 09:17 PM
What you just described is exactly what I have been doing in vegas for years. It is the main reason I started using Vegas. I can have every camera angle visible and playing all at once, synced up to secondary audio (minidisc). With or with out timecode. I am suprised this is a new feature for FCP. Except for the HD part, but without additional hardware even a beefed up mac g5 isn't going to handle multiple streams of HD with out slowing down.
4/30/05 10:14 PM
SatanJR

I just looked at the little "tour" video for it. It is very similar to the way you would do it in vegas, except in FCP they made it a bit easier. The hard part in FCP, at least from what I could tell is how you would sync up multiple cameras that either didn't have timecode or timecode that didn't match up. Also, I wonder if you can include a secondary audio source into the multiclip.
5/1/05 12:25 PM
Lynn@Renzos

Edited: 01-May-05
Satan, I'm curious about Vegas. I don't know much about it, but that is awesome that it was doing this already. When I get my hands on the new copy of FCP 5, I'll give a full review of it. I'm pretty damn psyched how technology has grown since I was in school years ago. Shit, what I edited on then was laughable compared to what I have at my studio now.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.