UnderGround Forums

Roy Harris >> NY BJJ seminar with Roy Harris

4/20/05 7:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kyles
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Apr-05

Roy Harris (www.royharris.com) is a 3rd degree black-belt in BJJ and is well known for being a very articulate and detailed instructor. This seminar will having something for all levels, and will primarily focus on no-gi techniques though gi-specific questions are welcome. There will be ample opportunity for Q&A. Private lessons with Roy are also available. The seminar is June 4 & 5, 12pm - 4pm, in Rochester, NY, and is $100 for both days pre-registered. Please contact me if you have any questions. - Kyle www.saundersbjj.com bjj@pobox.com
4/22/05 10:12 AM
rene.r

Edited: 22-Apr-05
www.saundersbjj.com bjj@pobox.com
5/28/05 11:32 PM
Mike Sweeney

Edited: 28-May-05
ttt
6/5/05 1:55 AM
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Jun-05
Today was the first day of the BJJ seminar in Rochester. All twenty- three of us had a lot of fun during and after the seminar. During the seminar, I covered the following topics: 1. Fundamental guard passing movements. 2. Passing the closed guard, under a single leg. 3. Passing the closed guard, under both legs. 4. Passing the closed guard, over a single leg. 5. Passing the closed guard, over both legs. 6. Basic butterfly guard pass. 7. Basic butterfly guard pass, variation one. 8. Basic butterfly guard pass, variation two. 9. Basic butterfly guard pass, variation three. 10. Basic butterfly guard pass, variation four. 11. Basic butterfly guard pass, variation five. 12. Basic butterfly guard pass, variation six. 13. Basic butterfly guard pass, variation seven. 14. Triangle survival one. 15. Triangle survival two. 16. Triangle survival three. After the seminar, I answered questions about all kinds of topics, got a chance teach some of the fundamental kettlebell movements I have been learning from my training with Pavel Tsatsouline and rolled with one individual. Then after most everyone had left, I got a chance to take several of my east coast friend out for dinner at a nice Italian restaurant. I'd like to thank four of my instructors for supporting this event: 1. Kyle Saunders, from New York (for hosting the event). 2. Chris Drechsler-Martell, from Connecticut (for attending the event). 3. John Bruno, from Pennsylvania (for attending the event). 4. Adam LaClair, from Vermont (for attending the event). Good training to you, Roy Harris

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.