UnderGround Forums

PhilosophyGround >> Blind faith, blind doubt

4/20/05 8:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DonnaTroy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Apr-05

In relation to the doubt The philosophical doubt, healthful at some circumstances, when becomes imperative, constant, is changed into affliction that disturbs the search for the superior objectives of life. As well as the blind faith, pernicious and irrational, answers for fanatism generating countless evil, the systematic doubt inspires conflicts and leads to states of serious disturbance. There are those who doubts based on reflections of logic and supported by basis that conflict with the new ideas and the facts that are presented. Others, however, for mental accommodation or cultural disrespect, doubt for habit, hindering themselves the release of many sufferings and the emotional health of balance. The doubt, that presents enlightening reasonings, when dismissing basis, denotes personal insecurity, instability, revolt. All analysis of facts or common knowledge suggests observation and careful natural doubt, until the probative factors eliminate the uncertainties and elucidate the unknown areas. To put emphasis in the doubt, firmed in the proposals of the diffidence, is to work against the self-chiseling and self-illumination. Peter, despite the notables facts whom he witnessed demonstrating to be Jesus the Messiah and the Friend par excellence, at a moment of doubt, of insecurity, denied Him for three consecutive times. Judas, that loved Him, beaten for the winds of the uncertainty and the cruel doubt, even with the alluvium of facts, betrayed Him. The friends and companions of His tenderness, that had been witnesses of the extraordinariest events of the Humanity, corroded for the momentarily doubt that took them, had abandoned-Him. The closers, that had been invited to the vigil night, irresponsible and doubtful, had been left to torpify for sleep, when they would have to be intent and solidary with Him. The disturbing doubt is remaining of the still predominant primitivism in the human nature. To the measure that the man progresses, better he discerns, more he has certainties, working for the common good, vitalized for the confidence that becomes his factor of stimulations for the dignificating actions. * Observe the events and analyze them with care before assuming position or taking a decision. Surpasses the conflicts from the doubt and acts with assurance. If somebody deceives you, it is his problem. If somebody else does not correspond to the image that presents you, the question belongs to him. If this lies, he knows; if that one betrays, he is in disequilibrium; if this manipulates lives with dishonest means, worse for him. Be you the one that works for common good, confident in the victory of love and calm in the execution of the commitment that you embrace. (from the book "No rumo da felicidade", written by the spirit of Joanna de Ângelis, thru the mediumship of Divaldo Franco)
4/20/05 9:05 PM
ruthlesstoothles

"Observe the events and analyze them with care before assuming position or taking a decision." . If everyone did that, there would be much less followers of religion. It's my experiance that people believe because it's easyer than doing the research and questioning what everyone else follows as "the word of God" Also, its easier to just believe because "what if they're right? Might as well be safe and believe." . "If somebody deceives you, it is his problem" . That's a scary statement. How can you throw responsibility to the wind and act in a robotic fassion being manipulated and blaming the manipulators? Going by that logic then every Nazi in WW2 prison camps are completely innocent of their attrocities because they were just folloing orders from their manipulators. Or closer to home, the Catholic armies durring the crusades, or the Inquisition. I can not agree with that. What if you hurt someone or killed someone while being decieved, even if accidental? Where does your responsibility lay, in your oppinion? . I do agree however that constant doubts and pointing out flaws without acting in a constructive fassion with constructive, practical solutions is as useless as used toilet paper. It's easy to be a critic, but what good is a critic who does nothing? . I also agree that the cowardly acts of Jesus's deciples were dispicable. Their doubts were completely without justification and they were just being cowards. But in my oppinion these are just stories, fairy tales like the matrix. But there are lessons to be learned from stories.
4/20/05 10:21 PM
DonnaTroy

"If somebody deceives you, it is his problem" I understand it means that the person that deceives another will suffer the consequences naturaly, and that the deceived person should remain in peace, and not be revengeful against the person. Besides, if "Be you the one that works for common good, confident in the victory of love and calm in the execution of the commitment that you embrace. " you will not "hurt someone or killed someone while being decieved, even if accidental".
4/21/05 12:49 PM
FudoMyoo

Edited: 21-Apr-05

"As well as the blind faith, pernicious and irrational, answers for fanatism generating countless evil, the systematic doubt inspires conflicts and leads to states of serious disturbance. "

I guess I´m in serious trouble then, lol.

4/21/05 2:44 PM
DonnaTroy

I think the main problem is when a person remains in doubt, or inflicts unnecessary doubts unto other. After reaching a conclusion, move on, and look for a new knowledge.
4/21/05 5:57 PM
FudoMyoo

"After reaching a conclusion, move on, and look for a new knowledge."

sometimes you reach false conclusions, while not being aware about it.

4/21/05 5:58 PM
DonnaTroy

Yeah... but only when you reach new facts that contradicts your conclusions you will change your mind, if so. There are things that CAN reach a conclusion.
4/22/05 2:51 AM
ruthlesstoothles

Edited: 22-Apr-05 07:50 PM
Us being decieved kills people every day. Your inability to imagine it does not make it untrue or unlikely. It just makes you decieved. Ok.... here's a lame example but one I think we all can relate to in one way or another. The American public was decieved into believing Iraq had weapons of mass distruction with no real evidence. Now, our soldiers die every day trying to clean up the mess we made there under false pretense. Oh and Thirdleg.... "analytic abilities" seem to have little to do with what one chooses to believe. People believe whatever they want and chose to accept whatever pretences and supposed facts that back their belief. Scientists are just as guilty as bible thumpers. Common sence ain't common buddy. We're all guilty of being stupid in one way or another. I guess it's not being stupid, but more wishfull thinking.
4/26/05 3:43 AM
FiatLux

Edited: 26-Apr-05
common sense is the ability to admit your wrong and then look to correct yourself

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.