UnderGround Forums

Utah Underground >> Ica Seminar This Thursday!

4/25/05 3:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DJColdfusion
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Apr-05

ICA Returns to Utah! Jose "Ica" Medina Pan American Champion, Rigan Machado Blackbelt, and the owner of one of the WORLD'S most dangerous guard games is returning to Utah and will be holding a seminar at Rob Handley's Absolute Mixed Martial Arts on Thursday May 28th. The seminar cost is only $30. Ica is recognized across the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu world as one of the best guard players in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. His guard game is as technical as anyone's on the planet. I've known Ica for almost three years now. He started the SLC Machado school before returning to teach at Rigan Machado's school in Los Angeles. We still consider him part of our team and I personally am extremely happy that Rob Handley is going to the trouble of bringing Ica out for this seminar. Rob has no affiliation with the Machado SLC crew but he knows Ica's game and is doing what he can to get a chunk of it for himself and his students. The rest of us can count ourselves lucky because he's opening up his school and making the seminar an open event. $30 for a seminar with someone on with Ica's resume is a rediculously low price. I cannot emphasize this enough, EVERYONE needs to go. Ica is the first Mexican to ever earn a Blackbelt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. And when I say his guard game is as advanced as anyone's in the world I mean exactly that. He currently teaches for Rigan Machado while training with both Rigan and Marcio Feitosa of Gracie Barra USA. Come and learn from a competitor who has beaten the world's best this Thursday. Absolute Mixed Martial Arts 1338 West 7800 South West Jordan 801-548-2626
4/26/05 5:48 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 26-Apr-05
It is $30 cash only and starts at 7:30pm. Bring your GI!
4/26/05 5:51 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 26-Apr-05
Almost forgot! ICA will focus on X-Guard and Half-Guard.
4/28/05 3:40 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 28-Apr-05
I've been told that its going to cover GI and no-GI techniques. BE THERE!
5/2/05 11:55 AM
Scott Spain
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-May-05
I'll try to make it. Thanks for the announcement.
5/5/05 3:17 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 05-May-05
We also did a quickie seminar for the Ultimate Combat Training Center Northern Connection (Clearfield) on Saturday. Alright, it wasn't "we", it was Ica and Jeff Kunze . . . I was the chauffer (sp??)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.