UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Pre-emption or Spear?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
menapace
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

Tony, I just finished watching "How to Beat a Grappler" and if anyone is reading this, all I can say is: Buy it, buy it, buy it!!! It is THAT good people. My question, Tony, is that you touched on this slightly in this tape and in others about striking pre-emptively in order to avoid a clinch etc. or if your safety is threatened etc. And when performing the Spear it seems as though you are waiting for the other person to attack first. Is the Spear used only when striking first is not an option? When you are completely ambushed and flinching is your only response? Would your first choice in a threatening situation be to strike first, but if, for some reason, you were not able to, then rely on the Spear as a back up plan? Thanks for your time, and I commend you on your awesome tape. You know the tape will be good when Tony is quoted as saying during a drill, "It's not wrestling, it's a friggin' fight!!" Great stuff.
Tony Blauer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Do you own SPEAR FUNDAMENTALS? As you probably gather, my system evolves evertime I train with a new group, that is what is so dynamic and exciting. Since the HTBG video the SPEAR SYSTEM has evolved tremendously. To address your excellent question, we have created a connection to pre-c0ntact psychology and the polishing of the Protective SPEAR vs. the Tactical SPEAR. These options are directly connected to the SCIENCE OFTHE SUCKER PUNCH program, so you'll need to study the relationship between the defuse & body language and the CWCT concept. The reason the SPEAR as a tactic is so desirable is that during the adrenline surge gross motor is far more reliable. ANyhow, play around with that & thanks for the 'kudos' , spread the word!!!! Tony
menapace
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you for your reply Tony. "Spear Fundamentals" will be ordered A.S.A.P.! Thanks for the insight. P.S. I also just finished watching "Rage Attacks" and thoroughly enjoyed it. Another winner. For those reading this, add that one to your list too!!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.