UnderGround Forums

TravelGround >> Europe on the Cheap?

4/27/05 7:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
feritas
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Apr-05

I know this topic probably has been posted here a million times. But Iam graduating this spring and I want to go see Europe for a few weeks before I start Law school in the fall. I kinda want to do the grand Tour thing: London, Pairs, Rome, Madrid, Prague, Amsterdam and Berlin. I can't spend more than $2000 and that includes Airfare. Could some provide some information if I could do a trip like this for 2000 or under. And if so what would I have to do and where would I have to go? Any info would be apperciated.
5/4/05 11:13 PM
ironmongoose
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-May-05
Tough to see the cities of the west on that kind of money. Consider a package tour, sometimes they can be a good deal. Or you'd get more bang for your buck hitting the eastern cities, like Prague and Budapest.
9/7/05 11:29 PM
cali_grrl

Edited: 07-Sep-05
Do a Contiki tour. I did one years ago and it was the best money ever spent. I still keep in touch with lots of the folks I met on that trip. They usually include breakfast and select dinners. We would always grab extra rolls and cheese for lunch! :) Cali
9/9/05 4:16 PM
cali_grrl

Edited: 09-Sep-05
Dayum...I've never known anyone to not have fun on their Contiki! Where did you guys do your's? I did the European Adventurer (32 or 48 days?) and had a BLAST. A friend visiting from Australia is doing a US Contiki as we speak. THey all had glowing things to say about it as well. I guess it's hit or miss :) :) Cali
9/25/05 8:57 AM
Brendasu

Edited: 25-Sep-05
this is exactly what i wanna know.. i mean in dollars and cents. i am going to be there in a few months and have spent WAY too much $ in india so i will be on an EXTREME budget. can i see europe (not including airfare) on 500-800 dollars??
9/26/05 11:37 AM
the venerable dr wu
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Sep-05
BrendaASU, how's it goin?! having a good time? If you plan on coming to London on that kind of budget, your going to get a big shock aye...I dunno, where do you want to go in Europe and how long will you be here?? Eastern Europe would be best on that budget, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria...bloody beautiful/fun to boot!! With respect to previous posters Contiki = Conshitty. My friend just went on a trip through FR,GER,SWITZ, from London. She and many others i've spoken to say that you spend all day sitting in a van, they didn't get along with the people they were travelling with.(something to do with it being their first overseas trip, ignorant, obnoxious etc) bad luck? strange i heard it from a few people...I don't know personally as i have yet to go on a organised tour, I prefer to backpack and work it out myself.
11/19/05 1:10 PM
pustak
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Nov-05
lol, fishclops brings the funny and gets no credit. i'm laughing buddy.
11/25/05 12:01 PM
oneonone

Edited: 25-Nov-05
well if you want cheap do hostels, fly with ryanair.com or ezyjet within europe. London, Pairs, Rome, Madrid, Prague, Amsterdam and Berlin. Prague is the only city on your list that i think can be done really cheaply. Eastern europe is cheap. London, Paris,Rome, Amsterdam are not but still must see. Portugal is cheap(er) than the rest of western europe.
1/23/06 7:03 AM
Aussie Gumby

Edited: 10-Apr-06 05:56 AM
Contiki is just an excuse for all the australians and kiwis to get drunk every day and have sex with as many people as possible - that's the generally accepted take on contiki that said (and considering the above criteria) many of my friends have gone and enjoyed it.
3/30/06 1:36 PM
Gortiz

Edited: 30-Mar-06
Contiki= travel agency?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.