UnderGround Forums

Roy Harris >> A new black belt in BJJ...

4/27/05 5:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Apr-05

I'd like to congratulate Mr. Matt Stansell for taking and passing the examination for Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu! Matt endured over two and a half hours of testing and passed the examination with flying colors. Way to go Matt. Matt is the first person I have promoted to black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He has been training with me in Jiu Jitsu since 1997. He came to me as a blue belt under Professor Royce Gracie. I am honored to have Matt Stansell on my team. He is not only an asset as a competitor, but he is a phenomenal instructor and a great friend!. I am very proud of his grappling and mma accomplishments and am very happy to promote him to black belt. He is very deserving of the rank! At the end of Matt's test, and after I had promoted him to black belt, I asked him, "What's next for you?" His spontaneous reply was, "I want to start over. I want to review all of the basic techniques again." Of the thousands of people I have taught, of the scores of purple, brown and black belts I have taught, Matt is only one of two people who have ever made that statement. I was very impressed by his reply! Help me in congratulating Mr. Matt Stansell on earning the prestigious rank of Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu! Roy Harris
4/27/05 9:16 PM
twinkletoesCT
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Modern Self-Defense Center
Wooooooooooooooooooooooo! CONGRATULATIONS MATT! Your success is truly inspirational. ~Chris
4/27/05 11:09 PM
beauregard
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats, Matt. Seamus
4/28/05 2:02 PM
rene.r

Edited: 28-Apr-05
Congrats!
4/28/05 10:17 PM
Adam LaClair

Edited: 28-Apr-05
ImposeYourWill.com
Congratulations to Matt. TREMENDOUS accomplishment. Also, congratulations to Roy. To have a student dedicate himself and meet your requirements of character, integrity, AND skills must be tremendously gratifying to you. I am honored to be affiliated with you gentlemen. Adam LaClair
5/10/05 2:37 PM
ABSOLUTE JIU-JITSU

Edited: 10-May-05
MYNEWKNIFE
Congrats!!!
5/13/05 11:40 AM
judo-bjj-dvd.com

Edited: 13-May-05
judo-bjj-dvd.com
well done

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.